E I G H T E E N

-Harry

I felt my bed vibrating as I was deep in sleep. When I opened my eyes, a figure catched my attention. A beautiful smile formed on her lips as I grabbed her closer, pecking her lips.

"You missed me, huh?" She wiggles her eyebrows.

"How can I not?" I smile, holding her close, "How'd you get in?"

"Calvin opened the door for me and then they all left. What happened last night?"

"Nothing important, they came over to play a game of truth or dare."

"Oh okay." She nods.

"What about you? How'd you spent your night?"

"I was so bored I wanted to come home but dad wouldn't let me."

"Hm," I hum, "Which reminds me, I should call my mom to check on her." I stand up, reaching the counter for my phone.

"Um, let's have breakfast first," she stands up, "Then you'll call her."

"We haven't talked in a week." I laugh, "I miss her voice. It won't take long, baby." I take my phone and head downstairs.

I call her once, twice, thrice... nothing.

Selena appers behind me, grabbing an apple, "What's wrong?" She asks.

"She's not answering." I worry, dialing Gemma's number next.

"What are you-" Selena stops talking once a phone ringing is heard in the house. I look at my phone then at Selena, searching around.

"What are you doing?" She asks, breathing heavily.

"Don't you hear a phone ringing? Where's that?" I run to the living room. The noise becomes louder as I step closer to a bag.

"Harry-"

"Shhh!" I grab the bag from the couch to find Gemma's phone in there. I turn it off then look at Selena skeptically, "What is Gemma's phone doing in your bag?"

"Ohh, that!" She laughs nervously, "I found it a couple of days ago and wanted to give it to you. She forgot it here when she left."

My eyebrows dip in confusion as I stare at Selena then back at Gemma's phone.

"How could she forget it?" I place the phone down.

"She was in a rush." She laughs, "Maybe that's why she forgot it." Selena grabs my hand, heading back to the kitchen.

"You don't need to worry, Harry." She smiles, "I'm sure your mum is just sleeping or something. Nothing bad is going to happen."

"Thanks for the support, Sel." I hug her stomach and she plays with my hair.

"Of course, baby." A soft kiss is placed on my head as I breath her scent.

The door knocks after a few minutes and I hurry to open it just to find a police officer standing outside with a frown covering his face, "Hello officer." I stutter, feeling Selena beside me, "Everything okay?"

"I have some bad news about your mother." He looks down at his file. I feel my knees weaken at his words.

"What do you mean? What's wrong with my mum?" I choke out the last words.

"I think you should come with us." He says, I nod quickly heading behind him.

I hear the door closing behind me and Selena's hand on my arm, "W-what do you think is wrong?" My eyes tear up as I look at Selena.

She breathes, her eyes wide, "I- I don't know Harry."

We hurry after the police car, I notice him heading to the central hospital. Gulping, I park the car and go after him. We approach a room at the end of the hall and As I walk faster, my heart beats faster with every step. The lights dim as I enter a small room with a body laid on a bed covered with nothing but white.

"M-mum." I mumble, moving across the room with my hands on my head. The nurse uncovers the body and I spot my mother with her eyes closed.

I placed my hand over my mouth to stifle a scream, my heart hammering in my chest so hard that it echoed in my head. Then I realised that I was holding my breath, easing the air out of my lungs slowly, the smell of the corpse hit me. I tried to prevent the bile from rising in my throat as the putrid scent invaded my nostrils.

Tears filling my eyes, I backed away from her throwing myself to the ground.

"Harry." Selena whispers, sitting on the ground next to me as I cry harder and harder.

"M-mum-" I whisper, getting up to see her again, "Mum wake up please!" I shout, shaking her.

Barely could I feel the people and hands wrapped around my arm pulling me away, all that I could feel was pain and sadness filling my body and soul.

"I'm sorry for your loss." The doctor says, placing his hand over my shoulder as I settle on the bed beside her.

"How did it happen? Where'd you find her?" I ask him.

"We found her corpse on the road, someone stabbed her and- it's all vague after that. The police are searching for the knife or anything that detects who did it."

"Someone stabbed her?!" I shout, "Who the hell would do that? And why?"

"We have no idea." He breathes.

He leaves after that so I could spend some time with my mother- or her corpse to be precise.

"I don't get how this happened." I search my mother's face, "Why would anyone kill my angel?"

"I'm sorry." Selena caresses my back as Tears escape my eyes, "I love you mum, forever."

I let out a deep breath, "I won't let it go, I'm going to find out who did this."

Selena's hand leaves mine as she backs away, hearing her sniffle I know she can't handle it any longer. Soon, sobs and soft cries are heard in the room.

I hug her and exit the room, knowing this is the last time I'll see my mother.

We leave the hospital and ride the car back home without saying a word.

"I'll prepare everything for the funeral." I hear her say as we lay down. She exits the room, holding her phone while I lay there thinking about how I lost the most precious person.