First impressions

Cogsworth watched restlessly as the young woman snatched Lumiére up and raced up the steps.

He stammered to himself for a few seconds before quickly - and safely - hopping down from the coffee table and approached Chapeau who stood in the foyer as still as a statue.

"Why didn't you stop her?!" The clock snapped as the coatrack held his arms against his thin frame.

"I don't care if you think you couldn't keep up! You didn't even try!" Cogsworth argued with the man before turning towards the first corridor and rushing towards the kitchen.

Chapeau could only stare for a few seconds - then went rushing behind Cogsworth.

Upon reaching the kitchen, the two men could hear the other servants speaking about Maurice seating himself at the dinner table.

Cogsworth didn't know Maurice had done that - so it did tick him off a small bit.

Before Cogsworth could speak, however, Chapeau stepped into the middle of the kitchen and waved his arms around - grabbing most of the other servant's attention. And after a few seconds, gasping was heard as the other servants were informed of a woman having entered the castle.

As excitement was the only thing growing in the kitchen - Cogsworth took it upon himself to go and see what exactly this strange woman was doing. Or, if the master had locked her up as well.

It took the clock quite a while to trudge up the hundreds of steps, but he stiffened at the bloodcurdling sound of a loud roar in the distance. He then could hear Adam's voice - it was soft but enraged. As he continued his way up the steps, he eventually did cross paths with the master - who was carrying Maurice over his shoulder as he so effortlessly stormed down the stairs.

Cogsworth watched nervously as Adam so easily stepped passed him, not even realizing he was there. But after hearing Maurice's pleading, he decided it may have been a better idea not to say anything.

"Oh my..." Cogsworth groaned to himself as he turned back to the steps - and tried once again to tackle the hundreds that sat before him.

He could hear Adam's screaming and growling, but it did slowly get quieter and quieter as he got farther up into the tower and closer to the cell. But as Adam's voice got quieter, he couldn't help but shutter at the sound of Lumiére speaking to the prisoner. He was going to ruin everything, Cogsworth thought.

"Forgive my intrusion, mademoiselle. But I have come to escort you to your room."

"M-my room?" Belle was taken a bit off guard as she stood to her feet within her cell, staring at the doorway as the cell door appeared to open itself. Belle had weaponized herself by grabbing a small stool, and as she approached the cells doorway - she saw the reflection of a man in the candles dim lighting. "But I thought—"

"What? That 'once this door closes, it will not open again! Rooaaar!'" Lumiére mimicked in a deep voice before chuckling. "I know, he gets so dramatic~" and as the candelabra switched his position from standing on the ledge to dangling, that is when he finally got a good look at the young woman - only to have seen the fear on her face as she faced the talking antique. "Hello—" Lumiére greeted with a smile as he hopped down from his position on the ledge and onto the ground, only to have a stool, thrown directly at his face - knocking his small figure over.

The young woman's high pitched scream echoed throughout the corridor as the candle pushed the base of the stool off of himself, relit the flames in the absence of hands, and set ablaze the one candle upon his head before speaking; "Oh. You are very strong. This is a great quality!"