A Report II

Mr. Owen Blackbourne was back where he had been when he first had to confront the realities of having a lithe, blonde beauty coming into their ranks - his desk. After school had let out, his lessons with Miss Sorenson having passed without the obligatory (and extremely inappropriate) flirting he had expected from her, he drove home in near silence. The only thing that broke his concentration was a phone call from Kota updating him on the day.

Sang wanted a passport, Luke had brought donuts, Kota had spent the night at Sang's house, and Silas and North were preparing to try out for the football team.

Mr. Blackbourne's concrete focus was broken by two items on the daily list: the passport and the sleeping arrangements. Kota had not elaborated on the circumstances which led up to the nighttime visit, but the leader expected there was more than met the eye when it came to Sang and Kota.

Sang wanted a passport. Mr. Blackbourne was not pleased by this revelation, the information he had obtained over the past few days coming together sharply to form a picture he didn't like and Sang applying for a passport would blow the whole thing out of the water.

To the man who valued control, this situation was catastrophic.

---

Meanwhile, on the other side of the neighborhood, Nathan was busy patching himself up after a particularly grueling fight between several of the more unsavory students at Ashley Waters. His back was coated with arnica cream but, unable to ice his entire body, all he could do was wait.

He had settled himself onto the couch without too much protest from his feeble ribs but his mind now strayed towards the person living up the street from himself and across from Kota. Sang.

Kota had stayed over with her last night. Nathan didn't quite understand how that situation had come to unfold in the way it did, but he did know that he was jealous. He was nearly as close to Sang as Kota was and he shouldn't let Kota monopolize what little time they got together away from school anyway... In a perfect world, Nate would head up to her house now and knock on the door but this was far from a perfect world.

For one thing, he could hardly walk. For another, Sang had made it clear that she generally wasn't a fan of unannounced visitors. Nathan pushed a hand through his hair, cringing when his ribs protested at the movement and sighed in annoyance at his inability to do anything useful.

He resigned himself to doing something to change his situation. Pulling up a private conversation on his phone with Mr. Blackbourne he sent off a message he was sure he was going to regret.

Nathan: I think I need a meeting with you.

---

Victor wasn't stupid. He had seen Gabe get into Sang's truck with her after school and watched the two of them pull off in a direction that wasn't towards either of their homes. Either Gabe was being a major ass and had asked Sang out (unlikely), or they were going shopping (very likely). However, Victor was still in possession of his own credit card.

He certainly wasn't going to let Sang pay for her own clothes when being subjected to Gabriel Coleman's particular brand of torture and/or love.

It wasn't long before Victor wrapped up the last few technical chores at Ashley Waters (McCoy: Wired, Hendricks: Wired, Mr. B's Office: Bug-Proofed) and tracked down Gabriel's phone. Unsurprisingly, the pair in question was at the mall. 

While in the moment, Victor was entirely convinced that it would be a fine afternoon... Victor wasn't halfway prepared for what was to come.

A/N: I know it's short but this sets up a few further developments that are coming soon. I think I'm going to start updating regularly on Saturday every week with possible mid-week updates if I'm feeling generous :)