Chapter 11

Rose's POV

As we walked down the halls to the kitchen, I couldn't help but think of what William had just told me about what the other coven might do when they find out that a werewolf is leading this coven into battle. He's right. They could easily kill me if they have the upper advantage, but he doesn't know that for sure though. All I could think about was the outcome of me or him dying. If he died trying to protect me, I'm pretty sure that I'll go on a killing rampage and kill anyone or anything in my path and that includes vampires from this coven. I can't even imagine what William would do if I died before he did. I'm sure a piece of his heart would be gone. He would probably let himself get killed so that his soul could be with mine in heaven.

 "Rose, are you ok?" he asked and he held my hand when we entered the kitchen.

 "At the moment I'm a little worried," I whispered.

 "About the battle? Don't be. I'm going to protect you no matter what. We're both going to live through this. I promise," he said in confidence and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Now, what would you like for breakfast. I can make anything that your heart desires."

 "Scrambled eggs, bacon and toast sound amazing rght now and a glass of apple juice would be great too," I said with a smile on my face. I haven't had a real breakfast in a while and my stomach was growling for some real food for once.

 "Coming right up," William said with a smile and started cracking eggs and putting toast in the toaster and some bacon in a different pan. 

The smell of the bacon made my stomach rumble even louder.

 "Someone must be hungry," William laughed.

 "How can you tell?" I laughed.

 "Don't worry. It'll be done in two minutes tops. Promise," he said as he got out a plate along with a napkin and silverware.

 "Now I know that you can promise," I muttered to myself, but I knew that he could hear me he just chose not to say anything back.

 "Breakfast is served," he said as he sat a plate full of food in front of me along with one flower in a small vase.

 "Thank you," I said before I shoved my face with food.

 "Wow, you were really hungry. We just hunted yesterday too," he remarked.

 "I know, but animal blood doesn't statisfy my need for human food though. I still have to eat just like I did when I was a full werewolf and not some hybrid freak," I said after I was done with the food and wiped my face off with a napkin.

 "I almost forgot that you needed human food too. I'm sorry, Rose. You should've reminded me. I would've made you actual food a long time ago if I knew that you still needed it," William said with an apologetic look on his face.

 "Don't you need to eat human food too?" I asked.

 "No, I can live off of hunting animals. I've been doing it for so long I've just became used to it so my need for human food vanished," he said as he starting washing the dishes. I helped by drying them off and putting them away.

 "Don't you ever get sick of hunting things all the time? I'm sure the vampires had you hunt down the villages that they didn't know about. Including mine," I muttered the last sentence.

 "Rose. I had nothing to do with the destruction of your village. I've told you this almost a million times and I'll keep telling you a million times. What is it going to take for you to believe me? We're marked and mated now. You can tell when I'm lying  so you know that I'm not," he said as anger built up in his voice.