Chapter 13

Serena's POV

I was laying in bed next to Jeremiah and I couldn't get to sleep to save my life. I hate nights like these. Everything was on my mind. The battle, training Rose, and most importantly, telling Jeremiah the truth and why I really changed him. Yes, the things that I told him before I changed him were all true. I do really love and care for him, but I have a hard time believing that he's the same way with me.

I knew my father would be up going over the details of the battle with the other counsolers, so I decided to go and see him. I got out of bed as fast as I could without making a sound. Jeremiah moved, but didn't wake up. I opened the door and quietly slipped out and shut it behind me. 

Some of the guards were still roaming around the castle. They bowed their heads as they walked by and I bowed mine back to show respect. I finally reached my fathers office in a matter of 5 minutes. Two guards were guarding the door. They let me pass without saying a word.

 "Serena, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in bed?" he asked without looking at me.

 "I could ask you the same question. So, do we know more about the battle besides the day it's on?" I asked as I sat in a chair that was in front of his desk.

 "We've picked our best warriors and fighers today. We're having all of the Lycans fight no matter what. Have you prepared Rose yet?"

 "We've informed her on what's going to take place and what she needs to do. We start combat to combat training tomorrow with Jared. We also learned that she has obtained the powers of fire, water, earth, and air. We're going to focus on those tomorrow as well," I said as I crossed my legs and leaned back in the chair with ease.

 "Why did you come here? You know I don't like to be bothered while making plans for a battle," he stated as he looked up from the papers and stared at her with beady eyes.

 "I can't sleep. Theres a lot on my mind right now," I said as I played with my fingers.

 "Like?"

 "Mainly just stuff about this battle. I'm just scared that Rose isn't going to be ready in time and that we're all going to die. Is this really nessecary?" I asked with an angry look on my face.

 "What are you talking about? Rose better be ready. I expect it out of her and I thought you liked going into battle?" he asked me with a confused look on his face.

 "I do, but not when we're going to be outnumbered. Father, we can't go to battle with them. If we do then our whole coven is going to get wipped out and it's going to be our faults. We need to surrender to Daniel's coven and we need to let Rose and William go," I said as I stood up from the chair and slammed my fist onto his desk.

He stopped what he was doing and stared at my fist and then looked up at me. He was shaking with anger. "What!" he shouted as he stood him and got right in front of my face.

 "You heard me. We need to let them go. They need to live their own lives. None of this concerns them," I said in a very serious tone.

 "We need them to help us win and since one of our warriors turned Rose, she now makes her our concern and so do her new powers," my father said with so much power in his voice it almost made me shudder in fear, almost. I didn't back down though.

 "No, they don't! Those are her powers. Do you not realize that her and William can't have pups because of the situation you've put them in? I can always tell in both of their eyes that they want out of here and I don't blame them. I even want to get the hell out of here. I'm sick and tired of always going to war with everyone who comes 200 ft from our territory. Daniel's coven is miles and miles away from us, why do we have to go to war with them?" I asked as I rubbed the sides of my temples. I was starting to get a heahache.