Chapter 5

William's POV

 "If I'm going to do this then I need all of my strength. I need to hunt," Rose said with slight fear in her eyes.

I knew what she was afraid of and it was my fault. I knew that she was scared about changing me. Hell, I'm scared shitless, but I can't let her know that. If she can't change me then I'll die. If I die then she could possibly die as well.

 "Then let's go hunt," I said as I took her hand. Instead of pulling away like I thought she would, she sqweezed my hand even tighter. It hurt a little, but it was the nice kind of pain.

 "I'm coming with you," Jeremiah chimed in.

 "No," I said through a low growl. "She needs to concentrate and she can't do that when you're staring at her with hearts in yours eyes you moron."

 "He's right, Jeremiah. I need to do this with just him and no one else," Rose said with an apologetic look on her face.

I gave her a small tug and lead her out of the room through the double doors. As we were walking down the long hallway we got stopped in our tracks by a few children. They all knew who I was.

 "William, who is your friend?" Samantha asked me. She was the cutest 6 yr old I've ever seen. She had beautiful blonde hair and pitch black eyes.

 "This is Rose, my mate," I said as I gestured to her.

 "Hi, what's your name?" Rose asked.

 "I'm Samantha and these are my two brothers Troy and Grant. Do you want to play with us, Rose?" Samantha asked with a huge grin on her face.

 "Oh, sweetheart, I would love to, but right now I have to hunt, but I promise I will when we get back ok?" Rose asked sweetly.

 "Yay!" they all shouted and then took off.

 "I didn't know vampires could have children," Rose stated once they were out of our sight.

 "They can't."

That was all I could say.

 "What do you mean that they can't? So, they aren't anyone's children, technically?" Rose asked with a hint of anger in her voice.

 "No, but I want you to understand that we didn't take these children. They were lost in the forest one day and I came upon them when I was hunting and brought them back with me. I didn't know that this would be their fate, trust me. We've never actually had vampire children before, so they are basically like their genuie pigs," I said with as much simpithy as possible. I didn't like the thought of it either, but there's nothing we can do about it now.

 "Those poor children." That was all she could say before she walked out of the doors and into the courtyard.

It was full of commotion and people were everywhere, but once they saw us, they all stopped and stared.

 "William, why are they staring?" Rose asked as she took my hand again and tried to hide behind me.

 "Because they know that you're different. They can feel it," I replied back as I started walking forward with her right on my heels, literally.

 "What are they?" she questioned.

 "Lycans, are brothers. They change into a beast, just like we do, but they look and act different and they can control on when they change unlike us. We have no choice, but to change whenever the moon is in the night sky," I replied as I kept on walking and then I noticed something. 

They were making a path for us and as we walked by they would bow their heads and return to what they were doing before we came outside. I looked up at the sky and I could see that the clouds were starting to disperse.

 "We have to move, quickly," I  said and then hurried us both out of the courtyard and onto the other side of the wall. "We will return in an hour," I told the guards and they nodded their heads.

We kept on walking for 10 minutes and then stopped.

 "Ok, now once the moon comes out you won't have any control over your wolf so let her take over. If you fight it then it'll hurt a lot more, trust me," I said as I took both of her hands. They were ice cold, but her cheeks were filled with warmth. I didn't understand it.

 "What if I don't change? What if I'm a full blood sucking monster like Serena?" she asked as a tear rolled down her cheek.

 "You will because you have blood running through your cheeks and she doesn't, plus you have Alpha blood in you and there's no way that that's going to go away so easily," I reassured her with a smile and a soft kiss on her lips, but then that kiss turned hard and passionate. I didn't want to stop, but the moon was almost out so my wolf pulled us back. "I'm sorry, Rose, it's my wolf not me. They moon is close to coming out and if I phase while kissing you then I could possibly kill you and I would never forgive myself for doing that."

 "I know. My wolf is telling me the same thing. It feels good to know that I still have her with me. She's the one who practically saved me. She kept me focused on one thing while I was apparently changing and that one thing was you. She was right. You're amazing," she said and then kissed my forehead.

I gave her a smile and then looked up at the night sky that was covered with stars and a beautiful, glowing full moon. I could then feel my wolf clawing his was to the surface, begging to be let out and I let him. It wasn't the greatest feeling in the world, I'll tell you that much, but I would rather take this pain over any other pain any day. I opened my eyes and saw two black paws on the ground. I inhaled deeply and the first thing I smelt was Rose. She smelt different, so I looked up and sure enough there she was.

Her fur was pure white. As white as snow. I could tell that she was a lot stronger now. Possibly stronger than me, but that didn't matter. The only thing that was different was her eyes. They weren't a light blue like they were before. Instead they were pitch black. I couldn't stop staring at them. To be honest, they did not suit her well. I miss those bright blue eyes.

 "If you take me hunting then you can see those bright blue eyes that you love so much," she said through are mind link.

 "Will I?" I asked playfully as a nipped at her feet.

 "Come on," she said and then nudged me and took off in the opposite direction.

I will say one thing. She's a lot faster than she was before. I was at full speed and was still a whole two body lengths behind her. "Alright, Rose, I get it, you're faster than me, now would you please slow down. I'm starting to run out of breath," I said.

 "Oh, you poor baby. What's the matter, you can't keep up?" she said mockingly and then quickly stopped right in front of me which made me run right into her ass.

 "Thanks, I really wanted your ass in my face," I said as I rubbed my paw over my snout.

 "Well, get your face out of my ass. Now, what exactly are we hunting for?" she asked.

 "Cougars or Bears, your choice," I said as I laid down trying to catch my breath.

 "Cougars. I like a challenge."

Once she said cougars, I got an adrenaline rush. I loved hunting for cougars even though I could barely take them down half of the time, but I knew she could. She was going to be the greatest hunter out there. Maybe even better than the vampires. One could only hope.

 "You ok, William?" she asked.

 "Yes, I'm just excited to see you hunt. It's going to be amazing," I said as I slowly looked her over. You could actually see her muscles on her legs bulging out and her shoulders were much broader than mine.

 "Ok, then lets get this show on the road. I don't want to be out here all night," she said and then sniffed the air. "This way. Keep close, I don't know how many there are."