Chapter 9

Rose's POV

I felt like I was dragging William down the halls of the castle because I knew he didn't want to take a walk now. For him it was way past his bedtime and he didn't let me forget either.

 "How long are we going to be out for? We have another big day tomorrow and I would actually like to sleep for once," he whined.

 "We're just taking a walk around the outside of the castle wall so we won't be out long. I just want to feel the sun on my skin again. It's been months since I could actually go outside and take a nice peaceful walk," I said in my defence. I remember always being locked up in a small hut when I was still living in my village and I would end up getting beat if they caught me outside. 

 "Alright, I'm doing it for you, but you have to promise me that you'll at least let me sleep in tomorrow or else you're going to be for a rude awakening during training tomorrow," he said in his deep husky voice.

 "Oh, please, you couldn't take me down even if you tried hard enough. Did you already forget that I'm not a regular werewolf? I'm half vampire remember, so there's no way in hell that you would be able to take me down," I said in the most serious voice possible.

We were almost to the entrance of the castle before someone stopped us in our tracks. It was Jeremiah, out of all the people that were here, we get stopped by him. I swear it was like playing 20 questions with this guy like seriously.

 "What are you guys up to?" he asked with interest in his eyes.

 "Nothing that concerns you," William said coldly as he tried to hide me behind him.

There was still something about Jeremiah that I didn't understand. For some reason, I feel like I know him from someplace or from someone, but I just couldn't place my finger on it. It was really starting to bother me.

 "We were just going to go outside for a walk. I just wanted to see what would happen to me if I was out in the sunlight for too long. Maybe it could help us in this battle somehow," I spoke up as I pushed William to the side. Once I saw his face, I got really nervous and I didn't want to be around him anymore. "Come on, William. Let's go," I said as I pushed him forward. I could feel Jeremiah stare us down as we left and walked out the doors.

The sun wasn't very high in the sky, but it was enough to see if I was immune to it. I will admit that it stung a little, but I could talerate it.

 "How do you feel?" William asked with concern.

 "I will admit that it does sting a bit, but I can tolerate it. Just time me to see how long I can last," I said as I clenched my fists as tight as I could.

 "Rose, if it hurts you then we need to go back inside," William said and then touched her arm.

 "Don't touch me right now. You're only going to make it worse," I said through my teeth. Just him touching me burnt my skin, which I thought was weird because usually his touch felt amazing and it cooled my skin because I was still very warm because of my wolf.

 "Rose, you need to get back inside. Your skin is turning red," he said as he grabbed my other arm with more force this time.

 "William, stop! I told you that you're making it worse. I'm fine!" I shouted, but I actually wasn't fine. I was far from it. My skin was burning more and more the longer I stood out there, but I was hoping that it was just my imagination. Turns out that it wasn't. My vampire side had more control over my wolf and I wasn't happy about it. "Oh, god I have to get out of here."

 "Come on. I made sure that the door to the castle was left unlocked this time," he said as he gently placed his arms around me. God, did that sting. I was practically dragging him back inside. He wasn't moving fast enough for me. That's for sure.