Chapter 3

Jeremiahs POV

I couldn't belive what she just said. I thought she actually loved me. I thought we could be together for the rest of our lives. She actually loves that guy. I never thought that this would happen. I always pictured myself being with her and having children with her. Now, I couldn't even look at her. She was supposed to love me and no one else. She tried talking to me, but I wouldn't listen.

I heard the cellar door open and quickly turned around. They were bringing that mutt down and putting him in the cell next to Rose. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she was worried about him. I could feel her mind link fading away. She slowly walked over to the other side of the cell and pushed her body up against the bars. I didn't know what they were talking about, but I could tell that Rose was hurt and confused. She wasn't the only one.

I actually wish that they would just kill me instead of changing me. I don't want to be in pain anymore. I've been hurt many times before and now I can't bear it any longer. Suddenly the cellar door slammed open and Serena came barging in. Both Rose and the mutt growled furiously at her.

 "Don't even start wtih me, Rose," She said furiously. I could tell that she wanted to kill her. "Guards take her to the basement and lock her up and take this filthy mutt with you."

The guards grabbed Rose by her neck and they started dragging her out of the cell. She tried getting me to look at her, but I couldn't do it. I stared at the wall, trying my hardest not to look at her. Then all of a sudden I heard a loud yelp. I quickly turned around and saw that Rose was pinned up against the wall.

Next thing I know, she was being bitten by one of the guards. William let out an ear pericing howl that made me cover my ears. That was it, Rose was dead. I knew she was. There's no way she would be able to survive a vampire injecting his venom into her, no matter how strong she was. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I made myself a promise that I was never going to love ever again. No matter what the costs were.

There was a lot of comotion. I couldn't keep up with what was going on no matter how hard I tried. All I saw was William standing over Roses body, looking like he was pleading to her to hold on to life. Serena was trying to pry him off of her, but he wouldn't let that happen.

Serena ordered the guards to take them both to the basement. The quickly nodded their heads. One carried Rose while the other followed behind William.

 "Rose, no," I whispered softly hoping that noone would hear.

Serena was the only one left in the cellar and she heard me. She slowly walked into the cell and sat across from me. I wasnt afraid of her anymore.

 "What do you want from me?" I asked.

 "Nothing anymore. I did want your help in this battle, but seeing as our leader, Rose, is going to die, theres no need to go into a battle anymore. I'll set you free if that's what you want," Serena said with a blank look in her eyes.

 "There's no point in setting me free. You killed my family and destroyed my village. I have no where else to go," I whispered that last sentence. I felt pain in my heart at the thought of being homeless and familyless.

 "Then would you like to become one of us and stay here. We would be more than willing to take you in," she said with a small smile on her face.

I saw her eyes glow at the thought of me staying with them. Did she want me to stay with them because she's now falling for me because she now as absolutly no chance with William? I was confused on why she wanted me to stay as much as she did. Yes, becoming a vampire would be pretty cool if I do say so myself, but I'm not sure if it's what I really want.