18.

Rylee Kenni Sal

11am the next morning

"Millz I'ont wanna hear you complain about missing this flight." I call upstairs to her slow poke ass, cant believe she rushes me over here and now Im waiting on her. Our flight isnt until 2:00pm but I know shes going to want to eat and she eats slow as well.

Since it was a week day my parents told me bye and to have a safe flight before leaving for work, and Marli made me drop her off at our aunts house so she could spend more time with me. Cant lie, Im sure by the end of this week Im going to miss them.

Hearing foot steps ascend down the steps I look up to see Millani in a Ralph Lauren pink sweatsuit, black uggs, and a jean jacket. Her face free of makeup but worriness etched onto her clear skin.

"Wassup?" I ask gently, I always find myself talking carefully to her because sometimes my tone can be mean and shes hella sensitive.

"What if we dont make it?" Millani replies genuinely afraid but I couldnt help my laugh, only making her upset. "You laughing and we about to die."

"Millz..Babe..Its only a couple of hours we'll make it." I say through chuckles.

Stomping her foot she pouts, "Im serious, Rylee." Hearing her say my full name I slowly stop laughing and pull her into a hug.

"Okay, lets go get some food, you'll feel better." Of course she doesnt disagree with that, we leaver her house after and grab our luggage then she locks up.

I put our stuff in the uber and have him take us to a restaurant near the airport I knew Millz would eat at. Once we get there we both grab our bags out the trunk, the restaurant is close enough to walk, so no need to spend more money.

"Go stand in line," I hand her some cash and take her suitcase from her, "Ima find somewhere for us to sit." Nodding she does as told quietly letting me know this plane thing is really bothering her. I give her a kiss on the forehead in hopes of easing her nerves before walking off.

Finding a booth in the back I put our stuff on one side and sat on the other finally looking around. The sandwich place is fairly empty which is strange because its lunch time. Before I know it Millani is walking to the table with a tray of food in her hand.

I stand to grab it from her letting her in the booth, getting in after. Setting the tray in front of us we grab our sandwiches eating in silence. I eye Millz eating one chip at a time and staring off into space.

"Millz." I call getting her attention, she looks at me with awaiting eyes. "Wassup?" Im sure shes been on a plane before so that cant be the only thing bothering her.

"I dont know, Im just nervous about going up here, Ry. What if her so called family doesnt like me or something, this all just seems iffy to me." She admits in a quiet voice, without either of us noticing we melt into eachother as I pull her into a hug.

"Millani, I cant promise you everything will go smooth on this trip and there wont be no problems. I can promise you that I wont let anything happen to you and I'll be here for you. And if they dont like you that wont be on you, even though yo ass is mean, youre a good person and you mean well." I feel her body vibrate a bit from laughing and I join her.

Although I am also getting strange vibes from this trip I wont let her know that. She brought me along to be her rock, so thats what Im going to be.

Staring into her glowing brown orbs I get that all too familiar feeling, knowing shes mine but not being able to claim her as mine. I've come to just accept what it is and enjoy it while it lasts.