14.

Millani Mai Miller

one week later

"Im never taking you shopping again." Cassius complains carrying my bags inside the house behind me. I giggle as we both drop my bags on the white couch in the living room before heading into the kitchen.

Its a Friday afternoon and I decided to start my Thanksgiving break by dragging my older brother with me to the mall. Even though hes complaining right now, we actually had a fun time.

I quiet down my laughter when I notice my dad sitting at the dinning room table with a stressed expression, a lady I've never seen before sitting across him.

"Hey daddy, hello." I speak, although shes a stranger I was raised to respect my elders. The lady raises her head to make eye contact, gasping in the process.

"Mai, yo fat ass better not eat all th-" Cassius stop dead in his tracks once he notice the lady, a deep frown appears on his face which hardly ever happens.  "The fuck you doing here?" He questions the lady earning a gasp out of me, I know it may sound crazy but growing up I've never seen Cassius upset, at least not around me.

"Cassius watch yo damn mouth in my house!" My dad says sternly pointing his finger in our direction since Cassius is right by my side.

A huff leaves his lips before he shakes his head, "Whatever yo conniving ass is planning, keep my lil sister out of it." Still speechless I watch as he leaves the kitchen the front door slamming a few seconds later.

"Whats going on?" I ask after a brief and awkward silence.

"Millani, meet Fawn, your mother." My dad says motioning with an open hand in her direction.

"Oh." I didnt feel any sudden movement in my heart like I thought I would when I first met her or any feelings at all for that matter, just awkwardness. She is a complete stranger to me. "Hello?" My tone is odd because I dont know how to react or what my dad or she was expecting.

"You look so gorgeous!" Fawn exclaims with teary eyes and a bright smile, I send a closed mouth smile her way and nod a 'thank you'.

Turning to my dad, "Ima run somewhere real quick." Without giving them any chance to speak I head back to the living room and grabbing my purse before going outside to my car.

***

"You busy?" I ask Rylee as soon as he picks up.

"Uhh, no?" He sounds sleepy and confuse, I chuckle at his state.

"Come with me somewhere?"

"Sure."

"Im outside." We say our goodbyes before I hang up, pulling my phone from my ear I check it to see a couple of texts from my dad and Cassius. Just as Im about to open them I get an incoming call from Kyson.

"Hello?" I answer looking down at my acrylic nails, I need a fill bad.

"You made it home yet?" He sounds out of breath, more than likely he came from basketball practice.

"Yeah, but I left not too long after getting there."

"Oh, well Im staying with my girl tonight so I'll see you in the morning."

"I get to name the baby." I tease him earning a smack of the lips and him hanging up in my face. Laughing at it I sit my phone down as Rylee comes out the house, the music I had playing resumes.

"Ay stop talking girl you know you voice annoying

Tryna pretend we in love, got ya, right where i want ya