12.

Millani Mai Miller

Late October

"Lets go on a road trip." Nalah suggests randomly as we sit around watching movies. Its early in the day and her parents were both gone for business so we were buried in junk food watching netfilx.

"A road trip?" I question looking over at her with furrowed brows, she could be so random and adventurous.

"Yes, we're sitting here with a four day weekend and nothing to do, I dont want to be bored all weekend!" Our school had a student holiday today and Monday for whatever reason, but I wasnt complaining.

"When you say we you mean just me and you or I gotta third wheel again?" I smirk making her roll her eyes.

"Actually I was going to invite your boyfriend, he just recently got a jeep sooo." I chuckle shaking my head, after word got back to her about Rylee taking me to his family gathering Nalah just wont let it go. "We can go down to Galveston, its still hot."

Even though its technically Fall, its doesn't really cool down in Texas till about late December.

"He isnt my boyfriend but go ahead, I'll call my dad about the rooms, we can pack, and then be on the rode by..." I pause to look at my watch that read 12:30 p.m., "4 or so, I guess."

"Yay!" Nalah cheers happy her spontaneous plan actually worked, even if Rylee and King arent able to go, we will be able to and thats just as fun. "I'll ask the boys and go get snacks, we can meet back here."

"Okay." I stand and grab my trash, throwing it away on my way out the house to my car. As Im getting in I pull out my phone to call my dad.

"Yes babygirl?" My daddy answers the phone.

"How are you feeling, old man?" He chuckles making me smile as I drive off from in front of Nalah's house heading towards mine.

"Im fine, what you need?"

"Why do you just assume I need or want something?" I can hear the tv playing in the back letting me know hes at home resting like he should be. After his surgery instead of recovering at the hospital they allowed him to leave and be on bed rest so he could work from home.

"Its that lil tone in ya voice that gives it away." I chuckle and decide to just ask him.

"Me and Nalah wanna go on a road trip down to Galveston this weekend with a of couple friends and I was wondering if you could book us some rooms, pleaseeee?"

"Hold up, who even said you could go?" I smack my lips instantly frowning.

"Daddy." I mumble, I hope I didnt call at a bad time and he isnt going to start tripping with me. "Nalah and I have been on many road trips before."

"With either me or her parents, dont act like I just allowed your to roam all over the damn place at your leisure. Where are you at?" Fighting the urge to sigh dramatically I pull into our drive way behind Kyson's car and park.

"Outside."

"Come here." I mumble an 'Okay' then get out of my car locking the doors behind me.

Before soon Im in the house and in front of my dads door I take a deep breath before knocking. My dad can either be really cool and chill or strict, and he didnt become strict until he got married.

Although he didnt let us do whatever we wanted he also wasnt down our throats about every little thing. But every since Nancy came into the picture, she changed that. Hes still cool from time to time but those times are slowly decreasing.