11.

Rylee Kenni Sal

One month later

"What you doing later on today?" I ask Millani through the phone as I walk to my car. I just got off of work a few minutes ago and decided to give her a call since I havent heard from her all day.

"Sleeping the day away." Millani mumbles sounding like shes still sleep.

"Well get up lazy ass, I wanna chill." I hear her groan making me chuckle.

"But Ryyyy." She whines, so damn dramatic.

"Millzzzz." I copy her as she smacks her lips. "I'll be there in an hour."

Millani hangs up in my face without saying bye but I bet her rude ass will be ready by the time I get there. She and I have grown oddly closer since that night, even after our project was long turned in and graded with an A+.

Even though we admitted our feelings towards another we havent hooked up, just kissing here and there. It isn't even as hard as I thought it was going to be, don't get me wrong I have moments when my hormones get the best of me but a cold shower always comes through.

Plus talking with Millani doesnt only let your mind wonder to having sex, shes much deeper than that. And I think thats why I grew feelings for her in the first place.

I pull into my drive way seeing my uncle King's car here, I wonder what this fool doing. I can hear faint yelling from the inside of the house as Im unlocking the door, hes always so loud.

"Nah man you cheatin'!" My uncles voice rung out from the kitchen along with the aroma of food, so thats where I headed.

"Cheatin', nah nigga you losin'!" My pops exclaim back laughing at his salty face. Once I make it into the kitchen fully I see both of them sitting at the island playing uno.

These grown ass men are really fighting over uno, I swear my family is full of fools.

"I dont care if you cheatin' or losin', I know yall better stop all that yellin', I just put my baby to sleep." Ma came into the kitchen smiling at me. "Hey bug."

"Hey ma." I accept her embrace as well as her kiss on my cheek, that I have to slightly bend down for.

"How was work?" She heads over to the stove thats full of pots and pans.

Slapping hands with my dad and uncle, I sit down at the island with them.

"It was cool, when everyone coming over?" I ask eating a few of the chips they had out.

"Once the food is ready, speaking of which, wassup with the grill?" She looks over her shoulder at my pops and uncle with a raised brow. They catch the hint and quickly stand to head to the backyard to tend to the pit.

"Ma, is it cool if I invite a friend over?" We were having something like a family get together just for the sake of never losing the connection between everyone. Also like a welcome party for my new born baby brother, Leevi.

"Sure." Ma mumbles as she mixes the potato salad not really paying me any mind. With that I head upstairs to my room to freshen up before I go get Millz.