Marauders - Gender Switch (AU)

James Potter = Jamie Potter

Sirius Black = Sirena Potter

Remus Lupin = Remy Lupin

Peter Pettigrew = Petra Pettigrew

Lily Evans = Leo Evans

~o~

"Oi, Evans!" I winked at Sirena and skipped over to where Leo sat leaning against the fountain reading a book. 

He glared up at me and growled, "What do you want, Potter?" 

"Well, your name means Lion and I'm Gryffindor's best quidditch player; we're made for each other," I smirked lazily and tipped my head to the side. 

He groaned before lurching to his feet. "Enough, Potter! I swear, if you talk to me again, I'm going to hex you into next week!" 

He stormed off but before he could get far, I grabbed the wrist that was clutching his book like a lifeline. He spun around but I let go quickly, waving cheekily at him. He scowled and almost ran towards the castle. 

"Was there even a point to that, Jamie?" One of my best friends, Remy raised an eyebrow at me from where she was now sitting on the fountain. 

"Of course!" I grinned and lifted up the bookmark I had slipped from Leo's book. "Now he'll have to talk to me." 

She sighed and shook her head, smiling at me ruefully. "You are evil." 

Sirena, another of my best friends, slid up behind me and ruffled my hair. "That's our Jamie." 

I whined and slid away, brushing my short black hair back to the way it was. "Will you ever stop doing that?" 

"Nope," she grinned and sashayed over to the fountain to lay beside Remy. 

I pouted and walked over to sit on the grass with my back against the fountain like Leo had, with my head resting against Sirena's head and Remy's knee. 

"Why did you take his bookmark, though?" Petra, my other best friend, sat beside me carefully. 

I closed my eyes and smiled. "Because now he has to speak to me if he wants it back." 

"But won't he be mad?" 

I opened my eyes and glanced at my confused best friend. I smiled fondly, "Of course." 

She looked even more confused but the sound of raging footsteps interrupted her. 

"POTTER!" 

Emotion welled up inside me and my face felt weird with all the emotions inside me. How was it possible that he looked even hotter when he was mad? 

I smiled and tilted my head to the side as I watched him storm towards me. 

"Give it back!" Steam was almost pouring out of his ears but my smile only grew. 

Damn, he's gorgeous. 

"Potter, give me back my bookmark," he growled lowly and he stopped centimetres from my feet. 

I slowly got to my feet and raised my eyebrows as though I were asking what bookmark

"Don't give me that look! I know you have it!" 

I pointed at myself, feigning confusion and shook my head. 

His eyebrows furrowed. "What are you doing? Why have you stopped talking?" He shook his adorable red-haired head and his beautiful green eyes clouded with anger again. "Give it back, Potter!" 

"Don't look so confused, Evans," Sirena called out slyly. "I'm sure if you asked nicely, she'd show you where it was." 

I laughed silently at the confusion on his face. Seriously, my heart was melting. Sighing internally, I raised my right hand that still held the bookmark and tilted my head again like I was asking what, this?

He glared at me and lurched forward to grab it but I slid it into the back pocket of my muggle jeans. His glare intensified but I stepped towards him and raised my chin, challenging him to reach for it. A blush crept onto his cheeks at our proximity and my challenge, and he froze completely. I almost sighed. Seriously, Evans? Nothing? 

I took another step towards him so that we were pressed up against one another and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He opened his mouth to say something, his cheeks matching his hair but he didn't pull away, instead he moved closer and wrapped his arms around my waist even as words deserted him. 

"Mmhm?" So my heart was a melted puddle of happy goo and my brain was liquid, what was next? Jelly legs? "What's this? Nothing to say, Evans?" 

He pressed his forehead against mine and our noses brushed, sending thrills to my toes. "Shut up, Potter." 

With that, he thoroughly shut me up with a kiss. Yep, definitely jelly legs. Everything in my body was alight with a roaring, raging fire that I never wanted to end. It was over too soon however, as he pulled away, resting our foreheads together. His cheeks looked they would be forever stained pink but by the feel of mine, it seemed like so would I. I bit my lip to keeping from grinning like the mad fool I was. I just kissed Leo Evans. I just kissed Leo Evans! 

"If that's all it takes to shut you up, then I should do that more often," he whispered softly. 

I couldn't keep the wild grin off my face. "Shut up and do it again." 

With a grin that matched my own, he complied.