Chapter Twenty-Two - Selmont, Massachusetts: 2011

This chapter when I first wrote it, in my notebook a month ago, was suppose to be a smaller chapter. While I was typing it though, I decided to add in some humour. Though I will prepare you, if you cry easily you may want a tissue. You Have Been Warned lol.  I hope you still enjoy the chapter though. Also while I'm here, I'll tell you the rest of the story here on out will be set just in Selmont, 2011. :)

=======

Selmont, Massachusetts

2011

            I grabbed the white towel that hung from the shower rod and wrapped it around myself. Another towel hung from a hook on the back of the bathroom door, which I grabbed to dry my hair with.

            My feet padded against the cold wooden floor as I walked down the hallway to my bedroom. Unfortunately my room was at the end of the hallway while the bathroom was at the curve in the hallway. The hallway was L shaped so anyone coming up the stairs would have to turn a corner to gain access to the five bedrooms. Why did I need such a big house? I’ll get back to you with the answer as soon as I find out.

            I turned the silver doorknob and walked into the room. A wooden bureau stood on the other side of the room, the bed centered in the middle. There was a reading nook on the other side of the room as well, but the bed blocked it. I picked up an oversized t-shirt. I was examining it when I heard a deep chuckle sound from the reading nook.

            I released a small shriek as I turned around to see the culprit. The white towel that was only secured by being tucked dropped. Why me? Two different cliché incidents in only the time span of a week! I would have taken any other thing to happen to me then drop my towel in front of him! I could feel my face turning the color of a cherry.

            “No need to cover yourself, it’s not like I haven’t seen it all before,” Charles laughed as he rolled his eyes.

            “You have never, and I repeat never, seen me like this before!” I exclaimed indignant. I grabbed the t-shirt behind me, still on the dresser and covered myself with it. I looked down at the two towels on the floor, the one to dry my hair I had dropped in my surprise.

            “’Tis a pity,” he chuckled and leaned back in the cushioned chair.

            “Pervert,” I muttered, still fuming. I bent over; carefully making sure the shirt covered me and grabbed the towel. I held the towel to my body with my elbow and draped the shirt over my head. Which I recommend you to not try at home in case you mess up and get tangled in your t-shirt. That would be awkward for both you and whoever has to help you escape.

            Thankfully the t-shirt was more like a dress so I was able to easily get dressed the rest of the way. I smiled in triumph, then looked back at Charles, who was watching me with amuse in his eyes. My smile turned into the frown, this could not be good.

            “Okay, let’s start with this: why would you feel the need to sneak into my house and wait in my bedroom, better yet while you knew I was in the shower. Then you have the guts to laugh at me when I drop my towel because of you!” I exclaimed, pointing my finger at him, annoyed.

            “Oh, come one, it’s not like I knew you didn’t take in your clothes in with you. Plus it’s not like I see such comical sights every day,” Charles defended, still laughing a little.

            “You better stop laughing or so help me!” I threatened, standing in front of him. Hopefully I looked as intimidating as I thought I looked.