Chapter Sixteen- Selmont, Massachusetts: 2011

Selmont

Massachusetts, 2011

                “What do you want?” I angrily questioned, my fists balled up behind my back.

                He only laughed as he looked at the rose pictures on the wall, “You sure couldn’t get me out of you head, now could you?” he taunted.

                I felt my face heat up, “You know darn well I didn’t paint those pictures because of you!”

                “Well then why wouldn’t it be. I know you remember roses as the last smell before you died. Isn’t it funny I carry that very same scent?” Charles chuckled.

                I dropped my head, know I couldn’t win against him and he wouldn’t leave anytime soon. I looked at him and softly questioned, “Can you please just go sit in the living room?”

                He looked at me surprised, but turned to go into the living room anyway. To tell the truth I was actually surprised he didn’t say anything else.

                 I looked up at the pictures. I can’t help but want to tear them down and rip them to shreds. I had drawn a new rose every ten years on the anniversary of my birthday aka my death. In the beginning they weren’t to remind myself of what had happened to me, but then it was in memory of my best friend Rosaline, who had died fifteen years after me on my birthday. I had only known of her death because Charles had had the courtesy to find me in America and tell me.

                I leaned against the wall, my back sliding down the wall until I sat on the ground. If I had been in London instead of trying to reinvent myself in America I could have saved he life. My throat closed with emotion. I rested my head in my hands and let out a groan. With all the drama going on recently I had a major head ache.              

                As I was just starting to relax an annoying chirping noise came from above me. I looked up startled and confused. I saw a little box attached to the wall. The noise seemed to be coming from it. I stood up agitated; I listened to see if it repeated itself. I sigh when I doesn’t make a noise after a minute. Just then it chirped, not once, but several times. I threw my hands up in the air.

                “You have to be flippin’ kidding me!” I exclaimed as I walked to the door, “I swear if I see another vampire on the other side I may go berserk.”

                I clutched the doorknob and twisted, letting in a blast of frigid air; on the other side stood two blondes.  Well at least they aren’t vampires, I thought to myself. Xander has a smile on his face as he pushes the blond girl forward.                         

                It took me a minute to recognize her, but realization came over me. She’s the cashier from the other day. She looked at me and blushed.

                “She was following me,” Xander explained. I tilted my head, confused, “She seems to remember you,” he continued.

                “And you decided to bring her to my house?” I asked, raising my eyebrow.

                “It’s not like that,” Xander defended, “She isn’t just some random stalker.”

                I looked at him, appalled. He was joking right?

                “Isabelle, I would like you to meet my older sister, Kaitlyn. I’m pretty sure you two have met before,” Xander explained. I looked at the girl.