End Game - Chapter 23

Chapter 23

            I walk into Austin’s station and pray that I can stop myself from hyperventilating. What I just said to Zane are the most honest words that I have spoken to him. I laid it out there on how I know something is happening with us. What did I do? Having these all-important balls is getting me into a lot of trouble lately.

            “So miss Hannah, what are looking to get?”

            “I want a quote on my back.”

            I pulled a piece of paper out of my purse that holds the quote I am trying so hard to live by.

            “Well, this is one I haven’t done before.”

            He pauses for a moment almost like he doesn’t know what to say. Why is that so freaking adorable?

             “I am sorry if I made you nervous out there Hannah. That wasn’t what I meant to do.”

            I look at Austin, like really look at him for the first time, and my initial impression of him is so wrong. I thought he was a sexy, bad boy, tattooed guy, and he is all that, but just a little bit of adorable boy next door. He has incredible blue eyes and perfectly messed up blond hair. He is the complete opposite of Zane. Wow, he is hot, and so not what I needed right now. I would much rather be taking my top off for the old guy right now.

            “It’s okay Austin. If you didn’t notice, by how I acted or how my friend so nicely pointed out, I am a little naïve to a lot of things.”

            “It was cute.”

            I stare at him, and I must have a look of confusion on my face, because he elaborates on what is cute.

            “How you reacted and handled your situation…it was cute. I can see why that guy wants to be with you.”

            “Who, Zane? Yeah, I don’t know how much he wants to be with me or just wants to protect me.”

            “I know that I just met you Hannah, but as a guy, I can tell you right now that he wants you.”

            “Um…”

            That is all I say, because I have nothing else to add to this conversation. I feel like I have entered a new dimension.

            “Hannah, I just want to say one more thing before we start. If that guy ends up being too stupid to make you his, can you promise me that you will, maybe, give me a chance? Just one date.”

            “Absolutely she will!” Rayanne called from the doorway.

            How come Rayanne always comes in at the worst times?

            “Ray, what are you doing in here?”

            “Girl, you didn’t think I would let you do this alone, did you? There was no way was I going to let Zane in here. He would have probably gotten into a fight if he saw how sweet old Austin is staring at you.”

            I turn to look at Austin and his face is turning red. I have never seen anything so cute, ever. The sad thing is, no matter how hot I think he is, I still want Zane. I will always want him, even if he doesn’t want me. But, I am slowly coming to the realization that what I want is just as important, and I want Zane. I am going to do my best to make that happen, and if it doesn’t happen I will do my best to get over it and move on. I won’t be my mother. I will find happiness and joy in everything I do in life.