End Game - Chapter 19

Chapter 19

            “Ray, get your ass out here right now! I just did the stupidest thing in the whole world.”

            Rayanne came running out of her room, looking confused as shit.

            “What the hell is wrong Hannah? Please tell me you finally kissed the shit out of Zane?”

            “No! I asked Zane if I could sing with his band on Saturday.”

            Rayanne started jumping up and down screaming like a lunatic. How could she be so excited for me? I am an idiot. I can’t believe I did that. Why did I decide, at that moment, to grow a pair of balls? I want to give them back. I want to be ball-less again. I never wish to grow a pair again.

            “Ray, please stop jumping up and down. I am scared shitless. I mean I literally can’t stop shaking. I so badly wanted to feel free and brave that I just made the biggest mistake of my life.”

            “Oh shut up Hannah. Please, you know you can sing, and you know that you can to do this. Please do this.”

            “I don’t know Ray. I don’t think I can do this. I think I have to tell Zane that I changed my mind.”

            “I am going to make a deal with you. If you sing on Saturday, then I will talk to Collin and try to figure stuff out with him.”

            The evil bitch just got me. I can’t back out now. She knows that. Shit, I am going to have to sing on Saturday. At least I know what song I want to sing.

            “You are so cruel Ray. Fine, I will do it, but if at any second I freak out up there or sound like shit, can you please pretend to have a seizure or something so I can get off stage.”

            Rayanne starts laughing her ass off at me. How did I not know that she would find this hilarious?

            “Keep laughing all you want girl, but just know that I will be the one laughing at you when you have to talk to Collin. Just so you know, you have to talk to him before I even step on that stage.”

            With that, Rayanne goes silent. Ha bitch, I got you now.

            “Fine, Hannah. I will talk to Collin before you go on stage.”

            “No, I want you to really talk to him. I can tell that you have a plan of just being civil to him. You have to talk, talk to him.”

            Rayanne rolls her eyes at me and I can tell I got her.

She thought she was going to get by easy. Screw that. If I have to have balls, then so does she.

            “Fine, I will talk to him for you, as long as you get on that stage and rock out.”

            “Ray, I want you to talk to him for you not me. I want you to find the happiness that I just know he can bring you. And I may not know a lot about sexual tension and passion, but girl, what I see between you two is teaching me all I need to know.”

            Rayanne falls off the couch and is laughing her ass off at me. I don’t know what I said that was funny.

            “What is so funny?”

            “Girl, you have an idea what sexual tension is. I think you may experience more than I ever have. Watching Zane and you is better than reading any book I have on my Kindle.”