End Game - Chapter 6

Chapter 6

            Here I am sitting at my desk, waiting for Jason to pick me up, and he is a half hour late. All I can think is I can’t believe this is happening…again. I think it must have been a joke, or maybe it was a bet, to ask out the loser girl that Zane fucked over. I have to say that I actually look good tonight too. Rayanne picked out the cutest outfit of skinny jeans, a halter-top that has cherries on it and the hottest red wedge heels. She did my hair and make-up and I look damn good, but all for a joke. Rayanne left about an hour ago so she doesn’t know this is happening, and I am not going to bother her on her date.

            Suddenly, I hear a knock on the door, and my heart drops to the floor. Please be Jason. Please. I got up to the door, looked out the peephole and see Jason. He looks like he just had the shit beat out of him.

            I open the door and scream, “What the hell happened to you!” He has a black eye already starting and a busted lip.

            “You should see the other guy,” he replies.

            “Who did this to you?”

            “Well, let’s just say Zane was not too happy about our date,” he told me.

            “Zane did this to you? Why would he do this to you?” I whispered. I was worried about Jason, but, in my heart, all I could think was hoping Zane is okay. I know I cannot ask Jason how Zane is, but part of me became worried.

            “I think he thinks of himself as your big brother, and he didn’t agree with his little sis going out with me. I haven’t always had the best reputation with girls, but once I saw you I knew I wanted to get to know you,” he said.

            Oh my god, I can’t believe he said that to me. I feel like every childhood fantasy is coming true. I couldn’t believe how someone out there wanted to get to know me, but then I quickly came back to reality. I am so not stupid enough to believe a word he is saying to me, and it is honestly taking everything inside of me to not laugh in his face right now. I have to wonder how many times that line has gotten him into girls’ pants.

            Oh well. I am still going to go out with him and hopefully get a free dinner out of it. I mean, come on, if he can come up with that load of crap, then I am sure he will buy dinner in hope of getting into my pants. That will so never happen. I just hope I can make it through this date. I am having an incredibly hard time not backing out. First he fights with Zane and then he uses that stupid line. I hope I can do this.

            Jason and I headed out to a dinner and a movie. I have to say, after spending thirty minutes with him at dinner, I am going to get horrible cramps and have to go home. This man has not stopped talking about himself since we sat down to eat. All he did was talk about things that have no interest to anyone but himself. I know all about how he was prom king, the star quarterback of his high school, and is now here at college on a full scholarship. I know how he got offered a modeling contract and chose to go to school instead, but I totally don’t believe that. He is hot, but I don’t know if he is model hot.

            Two hours later, I am standing at my front door and trying to get rid of Jason. I told him after dinner I wasn’t feeling well, but he insisted on walking me back to my apartment.

            “I had a really great time tonight, Hannah. I hope you did too,” he told me; standing a little too close to me I may add.

            “Yeah…I had a really good time too, Jason.”

            I can’t believe this is the end to the first date of my life, and now I am pretty sure he is going to try and kiss me. The idea is terrifying but also kind of cool. I mean, I can’t stand this guy at all, but the idea he wants to kiss me makes me feel pretty for the first time ever. I think about that for a second and then decide that thought is pathetic. I will not give my first kiss to Jason.