End Game - Chapter 15

Chapter 15

            I realized that I fell asleep once I felt Zane carrying me to my bed. I freaking love the way it feels having him pick me up and carry me around like this. Spending most of my life being a bigger girl, this was a fantasy of mine. Actually, I believe this right here is an actual fantasy of mine, Zane carrying me to my bed, but knew this would never end like it does in my dreams.

            Zane laid me down on the bed. I wasn’t sure if I should let him know I was awake, or see what he would do since he thought I was asleep. The choice was then kind of taken away from me when Zane called me out for being awake.

            “Hannah Banana Split, I know that you are awake. Did you want to talk about what happened?”

            “I think I am all talked out for the day, but I want to say thank you for today.”

            “Thank me for what? I would do anything for you Hannah.”

            I leaned into him and gave him the biggest hug imaginable. “You didn’t have to do anything for me today, but you chose to. That is what I am thankful for. You chose to get into a fight with him to protect me. I should be upset about that you know. You could have gotten really hurt Zane.”

            “What, you think Jason could hurt me? I am insulted.”

            We both started laughing, and before I knew it, he was trying to tickle me. He knows how much I hate tickling. He did it all the time to me when I was younger, and I am pretty sure it was just to see me pee my pants. It is sad to admit, but it happened on more than one occasion. There is something different about this time though. I don’t think he is doing it to see me pee my pants.

            After a few minutes of me laughing and screaming, Zane finally stops, but when he does it is because I have some how find my way on top of him. I have never in my life been in this position, and obviously not with Zane. Although I have no experience with this, I am almost 100% sure that, at this moment, Zane is turned on. I mean, I think I can tell. I did that to him. No way!

            “I am really proud of you Hannah. Not just for today, but for everything. You lost all that weight and got away from your mom. You have so much to be proud of. I love seeing you laugh now. I can tell it isn’t forced. You seem like the weight that was tying you down finally got loose, and I don’t mean the weight on your body.”

            Zane is staring into my eyes, telling me all of this. I can feel the tears building in my eyes. If he says one more thing like this, the damn is going to burst.

            “Thank you Zane. That means a lot coming from you. I have to tell you something.” I pause for a moment and tell him, “I do trust you Zane. You proved that to me today. You will always be there for me. I don’t expect you to tell me the reason that you left, or did what you did this second, but I trust you. I know that you will tell me when you are ready.”