Chapter 37: Love vs In Love, A Kiss

Start from the beginning

"You're my friend, we've already established that, but I also rather enjoy kissing you, which is not something most people like doing with their friends. Have you ever kissed a friend before?" She asks him, trying to prove a point but when he doesn't answer for a few seconds she laughs. "Which friend have you kissed? Pansy, Blaise, Theo, Gregory..." She starts listing.

"Shut up!" He complains, running his hands over his face. "I didn't need to picture myself kissing any of them." He sighs before removing his hand. "If you tell anyone this, I will kill you." He threatens.

"No, you won't."

"No, I won't but I would still appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone." He reiterates.

"I'm not going to tell anyone Draco, you can trust me." She reminds him.

"Fine, I just want to state now that it wasn't by choice. We were stuck under one of those mistletoes the Weasley twins invented. Stupid invention if you ask me." He grumbles.

"Ah, yes. We had about twelve all around our common room." Hermione says, remembering their fifth year.

"Well anyway, I was attempting to enter the Slytherin common room as someone else was leaving and we both got stuck under it." He vaguely explains.

"Just tell me, Draco." She begs him.

"It was Millicent." He mutters.

Hermione physically shudders at the name. Millicent Bulstrode. Since their second year, when the other girl had her in a headlock during their duelling club and Hermione made the mistake of using her cat's hair in a polyjuice potion, she hasn't been able to think about the other girl without shuddering.

"What was that for?" Draco asks her. "It wasn't as bad as it sounds and as first kisses go, I think it went alright. I still scared her into never telling anyone, ever." He admits.

"No, it's just, I had a bad experience with her in our second year." She explains. "Wait, she was your first kiss?" Hermione smiles at him.

"Yes, don't laugh at me." He says, sounding offended.

"I'm not." She says but she can't stop smiling. "Sorry, but there were rumours that you were Slytherin's ladies', man. I just find it hard to believe that you didn't have your first until our fifth year." She explains.

"Well, when did you have your first kiss?" Draco asks, annoyed.

"The night of the yule ball with Viktor Krum." She tells him.

He groans, covering his face with his hands. "I have to compete with an international Quidditch player."

Hermione chuckles as she reaches up to uncover his face.

"Draco, there's no competition. To be honest, it was quite bad." She tells him truthfully. "Terrible compared to you." She admits, leaning down to claim his lips once more.

They continue to make out for a while before Draco suddenly remembers that it's Monday. Gently pushing Hermione away, he sits up, looking at the clock. Ten minutes to twelve.

"What's wrong?" She asks, sitting up next to him.

"I have a check-up at St. Mungo's." He reminds her.

"I forgot about that. " She frowns to herself, seemingly annoyed that she had forgotten something so important.

Draco starts to climb out of bed when she grabs hold of his wrist, pulling his attention to her. He stares at her in confusion as she lifts her free hand up to his forehead, brushing his hair aside.