Chapter 4

[A/N-Before I start this story, I dont really want to do the POV thing anymore. Ive only realized till now that this is more of a 3rd person omniscient then a POV story. So from now on when it switches a character I'll just draw a line letting you guys know. Back to the story!] 
-----------------------------------------------------------
Tenten was normally a morning person. She had never quite understood why, but she loved watching the first rays of sunlight stream through the fresh morning air. There was something so peaceful about it all. Every day she woke up and watched the sun rise, she felt revitalized along with the new dawn.

This morning, however, the sun's only accomplishment was giving her a splitting headache. And for the life of her, she could not begin to understand why.

She tried to think back on what could have happened the previous night to cause the sun to be her new worst enemy, but her memories were strangely fuzzy and trying to remember only caused her head to hurt even more.

Not only did her head hurt, her muscles were sore. Every slight movement caused her to wince at the unexpected tightness.

Then she felt sticky and stinky and just plain dirty. She could smell herself in the air and if she could smell herself, it must be bad.

Really, there was only one plausible conclusion she could end up with: she had been training, which explained the sore muscles, and that had made her sweaty, which explained the smell and stickiness and whilst training she had sustained a head injury, which explained the excruciating headache and memory loss.

And she was satisfied with that conclusion until she threw back the covers.

What the hell am I wearing?

It appeared to be a little black dress. She couldn't really tell because her eyesight was blurred and the dress (if that was what it was) bunched up around her hips, crumpled from sleep.

She rubbed at her eyes, trying to clear her vision, but that only made it blurrier. It was at that point she noticed the dark smudges on her hands.

Makeup?

Now this was getting too weird. She never wore dresses and she never wore makeup like that and she certainly wouldn't train in either.

Then she turned her attention to the clock next to her bed that read past ten in the morning.

What?

Honestly, she could not remember the last time she had sleep past six.

Despite her screaming muscles, pounding head and stinging eyes, Tenten got out of bed and made her way to the shower. Showers always helped her think and she had some serious things to think about.
----------------------------------------------------------
Normally Neji was a morning person. He loved waking just to watch the sun's rays rising over the land. He loved basking in the perfect stillness of the morning air. At no other time was the day so quiet and peaceful. There were no emotional, physical or mental distractions. There was just tranquillity.

As he awoke that unfortunate morning, however, he felt like a hammer had slammed into the side of his head as the disturbing memories of the previous night fluttered around his mind. From the way he was feeling, anyone would have thought that he had been the one to get drunk the night before.

He wondered how Tenten was feeling. No doubt she had never experienced a hangover before.

Tenten!

Gods, how could he have forgotten about her for even an instant? After all, she was the reason he was lying shirtless on her couch.

Faintly frantic now, his eyes scanned the room for the nearest clock. He let out a curse as he noticed the time. It was late; far too late. He had been hoping to leave in the early hours of the morning, before both she and the rest of his family had awoken to notice his presence and absence, respectively. There was no doubt the rest of the Hyugas would be awake and questioning, but he could still hold out hope in regards to Tenten. She had been miserably drunk (or, perhaps, not so miserably drunk but drunk all the same) the night before. If anyone could possibly rise later than he that morning, it would be her. He could still make his escape without having to present a plausible explanation for his unseemly presence in her house, on her couch. He could not even explain it to himself.