Chapter 19: Roomies For Life

*** Two Years Later ***

"Look babe, I understand you're tired I am too, but the least you could do is not make such a fuss about not having a place to lie on now. I'll move the suitcases off the bed soon, so why don't you go rest on the couch for a bit? If you be a good girl, you might get a surprise," Dinah told her girlfriend of two years as she unpacked their clothes.

"Okeydokey daddy, I be good girl." Lauren skipped out of the bedroom into the living room. The two had just flown across the country when they got their acceptance letters from NYU. Their parents second-doubted their plan to have the two girls stay alone in a place they hardly knew but the two had somehow convinced them. But the deal was sealed when Mike was reminded of his cousin staying in New York. And with that an online apartment search had begun. They counted themselves lucky when they found a one-bedroom apartment quite close to the University.

Dinah continued unpacking and arranging their clothes in the closet after stretching a bit. She let her thoughts wander as she put away the emptied suitcases. She still couldn't believe how her parents had actually allowed her to not only live with Lauren all alone but also move to New York with so little persuasion. She was extremely happy about her life now. She had everything. She felt complete.

After almost an hour of hard work all of their belongings were sorted and organized. Dinah plopped onto the bed for a few minutes to catch her breath. A little later she hopped into the shower to wash away her sweat. She wrapped a robe around herself before going into the living room to check on Lauren.

"Aww," The brown-eyed girl cooed when she saw the younger girl sleeping soundly on the couch with her pacifier in her mouth and Nala squeezed in between her arms. She eased the sleeping girl into her arms and carried her into their bedroom and laid her on the mattress. She smiled, laying a kiss on Lauren's forehead and pulling the sheets over her.

"Mama!" Dinah heard someone call from the room next to theirs. She didn't want to be eavesdropping but she was curious so she pressed her ear to the wall to listen more clearly.

"Mama! Mami!" The female voice grew frustrated and louder. Dinah became concerned, she quickly pulled a sweatshirt out and threw it on. While she was pulling on a pair of sweats she tripped, successfully waking Lauren up. The brunette groggily rubbed her eyes and frowned.

"I'm sorry babe, you can go back to sleep," Dinah rose to her feet and patted her head. "I heard something from next door, I'm just gonna go check."

"I come too," Lauren held onto her arm. Dinah sighed, holding her hand as they made their way out. The older of the two knocked on the door of the apartment next to theirs. When she didn't get a reply she tried to open the door. The door was unlocked, the blonde led the way into the living room. Lauren hid behind her, clutching onto her shirt.

When they didn't see anyone in the living room they sneaked into the bedroom where they saw a brunette cradling a blonde in her arms and feeding her a bottle. Both of them seemed a few year older than Dinah and Lauren. Dinah slowly inched away from the door but the brunette sitting on the bed had caught her.

"Oh! I'm sorry to have come in without asking. We are your new neighbours by the way. We just heard a lot of noise comin-" Dinah began a failed explanation. The blonde in the brunette's lap sat up straight at the sudden commotion. She wore a cute dress and her hair was tied in pigtails.

"Oh crap! Sorry you guys, you shouldn't have seen this." The brunette grew nervous, her hands began trembling.

"It's fine, we know about ageplay-" Dinah was successfully cut off for the second time by the older brunette.