Chapter 11: Emotions

"Today's the last day for enjoyment," Dinah declared and let out a dramatic sigh, she seemed depressed.

"We'll have another weekend at the end of Friday so why you complaining stupid?" Lauren asked, cutting her stack of pancakes.

"Yeah, Lauren's right, besides Christmas is right around the corner which means a lot of days for 'enjoyment'," Milika's voice was heard in between the two teenagers' chatter, she liked snooping into her daughter's business.

"Christmas is like three weeks from today," Dinah whined and took a huge bite of her maple syrup - drenched pancakes. It had a ridiculous amount of sweetness in it but Dinah somehow managed to chew it all without feeling even remotely nauseous. Dinah's phone began ringing and she picked it up without any delay.

"Hello?"

"Ugh, haven't you memorized my voice yet?"

"Nope,"

"Well then I'm sure you don't remember your promise,"

"Bingo!"

"Well, Dinah Jane, you promised to go on a date with Zendaya today, and that happens to be me,"

Date?

"..."

"Hey, are you there?"

"Y-Yeah,"

"I'll pick you up in an hour,"

"B-But."

Zendaya had hung up. Lauren looked at Dinah with the most puzzled expression on her face.

"Who was that?" She asked the blonde.

"Zendaya,"

"Okay, why did Miss Perfect call you?"

"Don't call her that," Dinah never quite understood Lauren's hatred towards Zendaya. It must be some sort of rivalry. Lauren groaned and rolled her eyes.

"I had apparently promised her a date today," Lauren was shocked, she felt a bit of jealousy but she pushed the thought to the back of her mind.

"But you never told me," Lauren croaked out.

"Even I don't remember it,"

"Of course you don't, well, are you going?"

"I don't know, but she said that she'll be coming here in an hour,"

"Well, make up your mind then," Lauren huffed, leaving Dinah wondering what she had done wrong to elicit such a reaction from the green-eyed girl. The shorter girl dug greedily into her pancakes. I can't leave her alone... Well, you have to now since you're such a forgetful idiot!

Dinah stabbed her fork into her food.

"Calm down, what's angering my princess?" Gordon finally decided to drop by the two girls.

"Nothing dad,"

"If you say so, but remember, don't take any important decision while you're angry," he left, not wanting to feel how the pancake on Dinah's plate felt like earlier.

_____________________

Lauren perked up in the bed when she heard the doorbell ring. Zendaya. She guessed. Milika opened the door. A warm smile spread across the middle-aged woman's face when she saw the familiar girl.

"Dinah! Zendaya's here for you!" Milika ushered the tall brunette inside and led her to the living area.

"So, what do you think?" Dinah asked Lauren as she twirled around in her cute sundress. Lauren forgot her annoyance towards Zendaya just for a moment at the sight of Dinah. She was in awe of her beauty.