Chapter 4: Being a Big Girl... for a while

Dinah woke up to the sound of her phone's alarm. She quickly grabbed it from the nightstand to turn it off to avoid Lauren from waking up. But she failed in doing so as she saw a pair of sleepy green eyes stare at her when she settled back into the sheets. She smiled.

"Good morning Lolo," Dinah said and placed a kiss on the shorter girl's cheek. Lauren closed her eyes and continued sucking on her pacifier.  

"Seems like Lolo isn't ready to get up yet, huh?" Dinah teased. Before Lauren could do anything in response there was a knock on the door. Lauren flinched at the sound.

"Don't you think it's time you get out of bed Lauren?" Lauren's mom called out. Dinah rubbed Lauren's back to soothe her.

"We'll be up now itself Mrs. Jauregui," Dinah replied not shifting a bit.

"Oh, Dinah, is that you?"

"Yes,"

"Okay, could you wake Lauren up?"

"Sure," Dinah said before looking back at the brunette who was wrapped in her arms.

"Gotta wake up now Lolo," Dinah whispered as she shook Lauren ever so gently.

"Mhm," Lauren hummed. In a few minutes she fluttered her eyes open for the second time that morning.

"Do I hafe to?" Lauren asked in her raspy baby voice. Her pacifier was still in her mouth making her words almost unrecognizable.

"Yes, babe," Dinah replied. She was somehow able to decipher Lauren's slurred words.

"Fine," Lauren said as she sat up. Dinah got off of the bed.

"Why don't you go brush your teeth? Do you want DJ's help?" Dinah cooed.

"I do it. No need DJ's help," Lauren said before taking her pacifier out of her mouth and placing it on the bed. She got off of her bed and went into the bathroom.

"Okay Lo," Dinah chuckled. She took Lauren's pacifier and cleaned it and placed it on the nightstand. She went into the bathroom and saw Lauren struggling to open the tube of toothpaste.

"Want some help?" Dinah asked Lauren.

"No, I do it," and with that Lauren succeeded in the twisting the tube open.

"See," Lauren held the tube up in front of Dinah's face. Dinah grinned as she pushed the tube back to Lauren.

"Fine, you did it Lo," Dinah said. Lauren brushed her teeth while Dinah not having her toothbrush settled to just use mouthwash.

"Go change your clothes, you have to return to being big Lauren Laur," Dinah explained while grabbing her clothes. Lauren sat on her bed with her arms crossed with a pout.

"C'mon, Lo," Dinah said and later let out a sigh when she saw that Lauren wasn't doing anything. "I'll pick you an outfit, okay?"

Lauren nodded as she took her blanket back into her arms. Dinah pulled out a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. She turned to look at Lauren.

"Aww, Lo, we have to keep that back in your box along with your pacifier," Dinah said.

"DJ please, for some moe time," Lauren's voice cracked as she pulled a puppy dog face.

"Oh, don't you dare show me those puppy dog eyes, Lauren," Dinah said as she shielded her eyes from the adorableness. Lauren huffed as Dinah sat next to Lauren.

"You can be a baby later but now DJ needs you to be big girl now, alright?"

"Awight,"

"I'll change you into these clothes,"