Chapter 14: Loose Ends

A/N: 27.1+ reads & 900+ votes! THIS IS INSANE! I never thought this would actually happen to me 😺

"Lauren?"

"Yes, mom?"

"Do want me to pick you up? Or-"

"Please."

"Okay. I'll be there in a few minutes."

Lauren let out a sigh and ran a hand through her hair. She reinserted her phone into the pocket of her jeans.

"I'm gonna miss having you around all day," Dinah said feigning a sad smile and leaning onto the door frame. Her heart was racing and her emotions were all over the place but she maintained a calm and collected composure externally.

"Me too," Lauren nodded while absentmindedly checking all of her suitcases. She was mainly doing this just to avoid looking at Dinah. She exhaled deeply when she was done with her 'checking'.

"I have to tell you something" The brunette states. Her friend watches her frame stretch back into its default position.

"Is it something serious?" Dinah raised a brow up confused..

"It's um... nothing too big of a deal. I-I sort of... just need some time... to myself," Lauren gulped and spoke in a low voice which never failed to make butterflies flutter in Dinah's stomach. But the words Lauren spoke then and the tone in which she said them were not the ones which usually brought a smile to her friend's face. Dinah's insides turned into knots. Lauren stepped in front of the her.

"Why?"

Before Lauren could even think of a response the sound of the doorbell pierced into the unusually quiet house. They stood in silence for some time, staring into each other's eyes, both of them incapable of speaking the truth. The younger girl saw the sadness in her friend's eyes; it didn't have that natural sparkle. She felt worse when she realized the fact that it was she who had caused the loss of the glitter.

"Lauren! Your mom's here!" Milika yelled from downstairs. The younger girl's breath started becoming more shallow and quick.

"I'll be down in a minute!" Lauren responded and shook her head trying to wreck her train of thought.

"Call me if you need anything," Dinah said seriously after realizing the fact that her friend wasn't ready to answer her question for some reason she can't think of.

"I will... and take care of yourself," She was happy that Dinah didn't persuade her into giving her reason. She picked up two of her bags.

"You too," Dinah replied compassionately.

"Could you give me a hand?" Lauren chuckled slightly, gesturing to the suitcase which contained all of her little things.

"Sure," The brown-eyed girl lifted the luggage and led the way down the stairs.

"How're you doing Dinah? Haven't seen you since Christmas," Clara said in cheery tone.

"Good. I'm good," Dinah answered and faked a smile unable to conjure a real one.

"Good to hear," Clara nodded and her face lightened up further when she saw her daughter entering.

"Hey," Lauren smiled at her mother. Clara rushed to her side to give her a tight hug.

"Please stay over for some dinner," Milika offered.

"Um..." Clara looked at her inquiringly. "But Mike is in the car, is it okay if he joins us?"

"Yeah, sure, all okay, bring him in."

Soon the Hansens and the Jaureguis began their dinner. Lauren and Dinah weren't seated next to each making Regina raise an eyebrow up. She decided it was best to not nose her way into their issue and ignored them. Every now and then the two friends sneaked quick peeks at each other, regretting it each time as it only hurt them. A little after dinner Lauren's bags were packed in the Jaureguis' car. Lauren and Dinah stood on the front porch.

Found Your Secret (Fifth Harmony Ageplay)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें