Chapter 1: First Day At Office

"Damn it, where is the taxi?" Satsuki Narukami was waiting on the way outside her house, frowning about the fact that any taxi didn't come to take her at all. She wanted to go Uchiha Group, where she started working as the personal secretary of the CEO from today. And the CEO was, oh well, don't make me to say, just find out.

  It was 7:25 in the morning. The day was Monday. She needed to reach the company within 8, so she woke up early in the morning. She didn't know why, this time of today, all the taxis decided not to show up at all. She was angry, if it wasn't for her luck, she would be there in the office in right time. The way up to her workplace took at least 30 minutes to reach by car. And now only God knew when taxi would show up. Standing there, she was imagining what it would be when she would hear that she was fired because she was late on her first day just because of stupid taxi never decided to show up in right time! Thought of that really made her to drop sweat, when she would hear her boss kicked her out for not coming in time. Scratch that, she really need to reach there, not matter what happened!

  At the end, god decided to hear her desperate plea. She looked a taxi was coming to her way. She screamed in joy mentally and called the taxi and the taxi halted to take her to her destination. As soon as she hopped in, she gave address of her office and taxi's engine roared, forced it to run along the road at its full speed. In less than 20 minutes, she able to reach at the main gate of the office. She ran inside and took the elevator, pressed the button of 30th floor, where her workplace situated at. Luckily enough, the elevator was faster, not like her apartment's, which never wanted to go faster, took her at the 30th floor within 10 seconds (not like she calculated the time.) With a soft 'ding' the elevator halted and opened the door. She then sprinted away to the door of the boss' chamber, careful not to collapse on the other workers. At the end, before opening the door she watched the time on the wall clock, which showed it was 7:45, which really wasn't late to others, but for her, yes. Boss told her to show up before 7:45 but she failed in it. She cursed under breath. The raven-haired girl stopped in front of the door to catch her breath and opened the door. Satsuki gulped and walked away from the table where she would sit as a secretary (if she wasn't fired), and slowly walked into the door of boss' room. She gulped for the dangerous silence. She knew she was late, but knowing the boss, who always gave cold shoulder to everyone, she wondered what would have happened with her.

  She slowly knocked on the door with her shaky hand, and almost immediately she heard a cold 'come in' from inside the room. The girl was panting for both running and for being scared. She slowly opened the door and enter into it. She saw the boss was busy with his laptop and there was a bundle of paperwork beside his laptop. Sasuke looked up to her, watched into her baby-blue eyes with his deep Onyx eyes. It was like he was burning some holes into her souls, she was contemplating about whether or not should she should say anything.

  "Why are you late?" Was his first comment. She gulped and said, "I-I was late b-because of taxi, sir." She watched that those Onyx eyes had lost its glory, maybe because he didn't able to sleep last night. She pitied him, knowing the company and its vast existence, really took a troll on his body language, but she never dared to say anything at all. She said, letting out a shaky breath, "I-I am sorry sir, it will not happen again!"

  "Come here." He said calmly, but it wasn't cold as before. Only one statement will explain this theory, that he was very tired. Without any word, she silently obeyed her boss's order and went to his desk and he motioned her to take a sit. He said, "Next time, don't forget to come in time."

  "But it was taxi which was late.." she mumbled under her breath looking at her feet, not enough for him listen. Not to mention, he did listen but he didn't say anything. This time her breath calm down and he noticed it. "So will you able to work now?"