twenty seven

"Are you ready?"

Laylah was standing in the middle of my office, with thousands of silver and golden keys attached to the key ring in her hand, waiting for me just as impatiently.

"Yeah," I told her. "Give me a moment,"

I hit the keys, and tried to, somehow, make this computer work.

After my colleague, who I still assumed to be named Jeff, had finally left my office, I could finally dedicate myself to what he had interrupted me in. Destroying my computer.

"What does it say?" Laylah inquired as she came closer to me and sat down on the chair Jeff had been sitting on.

"My password doesn't work," I informed her, truthfully.

"Mhm," She murmured. "I can log in for you, you know."

"Really?" I was glad, all of my hate I had built for her suddenly faded, "That would be great. I haven't checked my mails just yet,"

"No problem! After releasing your article today, you probably have countless of e-mails."

The woman in front of me rose up from her chair, went around the desk, and then signalised me to get up. I trusted her with my computer, and put my hand on the chair's back as I watched her actions.

The more I thought about it, I knew it was stupid. She couldn't have "robbed" Jenna.

It was too much of a strong word.

Too much for somebody such as Laylah.

And – beyond of it all, I was losing my mind because of some folder.

As I knew Jenna, and also her little mess of a room I knew how much she, actually, took care of her small folders. Laylah was, if I remembered right, not really a folder-kind-of-woman, in comparison to Jenna. Laylah'd put it all in piles, if she had to.

Jenna was a folder-kind-of-woman.

Now, of course, it barely made any sense, speaking of Jenna "borrowing" a folder of Laylah. Would Jenna ever borrow anything? She was much too proud of a woman, sometimes she'd rather die than borrow something.

On the other hand, maybe, it was important. Why, though, would Laylah take back the folder just like that, they surely had set a returning date?

Jenna and returning dates? No.

Plus, the folder was still full.

"Shay?" Laylah tore me out of my thoughts. To me, the whole thing was unexplainable. I was making a tumult of because of a folder.

I didn't, really, need a party tonight but rest.

"I'm in, you can log in."

"Oh, thank you," I smiled at Laylah before she got up.

"You need anything else?"

"No," I assured her. "That's really nice, thank you."

"Always." Her smile was bright. "I'll wait for you in the Cadillac."

I nodded to her, making her leave my office immediately.

As she was leaving the room, I watched her, and my thoughts flowed through a sea, again.

Laylah definitely has not robbed Jenna.

My colleague, the finances guy, needed to be right. After all, Laylah was waiting for me in her car, she had planned a huge party for me, a big surprise. And I should be thinking about the party, and about the "success" of my article, and not focus on some folder.