twelve

I let myself fall for this moment. We were still standing in the middle of this breathtaking hallway, only steps away of the lift I had wanted to use just moments before.

I played the cards completely wrong but it did not bother me a bit.

Referring to his words, I was like all the others but so much different. However he thought of me, good or bad, I hoped that he enjoyed it as much as I did. I wanted this to be our moment.

Not the moment between some businessman and a naïve, really naïve, journalist. It was the moment of Shayleen and Harry, me and him. And I couldn't put it into words.

He moved his hands up until he cupped my face, making me fall so much more for this kiss. For him.

Maybe it was the time to enjoy this, maybe Jenna was right. I, on one hand, needed to do my job, and I did. At least I was about to. Somehow this could still be part of the interview. I could write how much of an arsehole he was, even though I forgot it for the short amount of time. I could write that he used journalists for sex and good publicity, and I could put it as the title of my what was about to be first article.

But this is not how I am. I am Shay.

I felt his tongue touching my bottom lip until I finally opened up for him as I put my hands around his neck. His tongue was playfully touching mine.

I closed my eyes and lost all of my confidence that I have built in the time I needed to interview him.

He pulled back and, as if he could read my mind, he looked down on me and tried to build his next words. "Are you going to include this in that interview of yours?"

I did not know if he was scoffing about it until he smiled teasingly. "I wouldn't mind," He then added.

I looked down while his left hand was still touching my face, moving his thumb to my lips.

"You're pretty." He said, making me lift my head again. It seemed like the both of us lost our minds, completely forgetting about the positions we were in.

"Thank you.."

This time it was him, again, who chuckled. "Did you know it?"

"What?" I asked, pulling my eyebrows together again. I was barely paying attention, kind of nervous as I thought about what would happen if somebody saw us this way.

"I asked if you knew it," He repeated, now pulling his eyebrows together like I just did. It was almost adorable, now where I knew that he had a different side of him. A more fun, flirtatious side apart from that business boy.

"Knew what?" My face turned red for the hundredth time.

"Did you know you're pretty?"

"Oh" was all I could manage to say though I said Thank You already. I didn't know anything in this very moment, completely aware of his gaze on my now blushing face. Neither I knew if he just really wanted me to pay all of my attention to his compliment or if he was asking me this in a serious way of his.

"Hm?" I heard him mumbling, still looking down on my face as he peeked at my necklace and then back at my lips.

"N-no.."

"You really are, Shay." He then declared.

I wanted to play with him, to flirt with him, but I lost all words I had in mind. I was taken away by this moment, by the way he looked at me, by the way he touched me.

He moved his still resting thumb over my lips, making me excite over every movement of his.

Just when I was about to answer we heard a lift behind us open, revealing not one, not two but what I guessed to be about five businessmen talking to each other before they looked at us.