seventeen

I woke up quite early, to my own surprise. My head ached, and the reason wasn't alcohol.

As I stretched out, I was almost frightened.

"Oh, fuck," I cursed under my breath. I looked to my side and saw a sleeping Jenna lying next to me. When I saw her, all the memories came back up.

The kiss. The deal.

It was now Saturday, and I had only two days to put the two demanded interviews into words, or I would get rid of my job. At least that was what I was thinking. There was no other way but to fire me if I couldn't even stick to a simple deadline, was there?

I now stretched out again, my arms high in the air, while I yawned and closed my eyes. I was careful enough to not wake Jenna.

Just as I was about to fall back on the bed, my eyes flew open again, running over anything else in the room as they moved to the alarm clock on Jenna's night shelf. It was almost 8.

"Fuck!" This time I cursed louder, and I couldn't care less about Jenna at that very moment.

I sat down on the bed this time, and let my feet hang down. I noticed that I was no longer wearing the red, gorgeous dress that she had let me borrow her. I wore one of her somewhat tight shirts, and a long pyjamas.

Although I should really thank her for changing me into something more comfortable, I couldn't help but blush at the thought. I wasn't really comfortable with my body.

I shook the thoughts out of my head quickly and got up to run to the bathroom, or at least to the room where I thought it was. Luckily, I reached the right room and washed my face.

While I was carefully drying my face with a towel that was standing on a white counter, I saw a small container standing directly on the sink, holding two toothbrushes.

Did Jenna live with somebody else?

The thought of it made my eyebrows furrow, I couldn't imagine Jenna had a steady relationship in her life.

I quickly shook these thoughts of my head too and decided to run to Jenna and wake her up.

Just as I jumped on the bed, she muttered something that I couldn't really understand.

"Get up, sleepy," I said out loud, wanting her to understand each word exactly.

She pulled the only blanket that we seemed to had shared last night, so I could now only see her nose and her closed eyes. Her curly, red hair was spread over the entire pillow, and she didn't look as if she would get up any time soon.

Didn't she have to work today?

Ah, right. Miss Smith had switched our schedules. God.

I put my right hand on her cheek and noticed how mine was moving with her as she inhaled and exhaled loudly. I wanted to slap her, but decided to just shake her lightly.

"Jenna, Jenna, please," I now begged louder.

I was about to arrive late. Whether Jenna woke up five minutes earlier or later would make a huge difference. Plus, she had to drive me to work, too. I didn't know where to get a taxi in this early morning. It was rush-hour.

She muttered something again, and this time I heard her say my name. "What?"

"Do you have another toothbrush?" I asked her calmly. She pulled her eyebrows together and pulled the blanket closer to her body as she wished to continue with her sleep.

"Damn, Jenna,"

"Since when do you curse?" She asked suddenly, but with a still sleepy tone.

She was probably awake enough to lead such a conversation with me.