eleven

He was absolutely insane.

I walked out of the room, wanting to enjoy the little, short seconds of calm before letting everything flood my mind, again.

It was not him but what he said that hurt me. It hurt me that I was not somebody but just somebody who tried to enjoy their job but actually fought to keep it, wanting to make the best out of it. It were the little secrets that were hidden behind all those beloved jobs that people keep talking about, the jobs that everybody wants to have, the jobs "that make the money rain", as Harry said.

Now that Mrs. Smith had given me exact instructions on what I needed to do to make this world look at me as the star of everyday, I did not know what to do. I did not know whether I wanted to use this position or not, but was completely aware of needing to take advantage of others by making them fall.

Fall in excitement, even in love. I was not even sure what I wanted, anymore. I was not sure if I did this for myself or for Mrs. Smith.

When I kept storming through the hallway, wanting to reach the lift since I could not find the stairs, being the clumsy lady I was.

I felt a strong hand stopping me, touching my arm, giving me goosebumps in this cold, cold hallway. I turned around to see him, his eyes all wild.

He looked much different than from what felt like only three seconds ago.

Suddenly he was a present of God, a pure angel that was standing right in front of me. He opened his mouth to say something but either struggled or wanted to enjoy this moment just as much as I wanted, leaving me confused about what I actually wanted.

"I'm sorry." He repeated, looking down on me and than back to my face. Not pejorative but so, so loving.

He was a different person, now. And it seemed like I was one to fall for this one.

"Are you?" I questioned, knowing that I did not care a little about the interview. It was him who made me go all mad.

"Yes, I really am."

"Do you do this with all women?"

"I'm not a slut." He answered in an offended voice, slowly twisting this whole situation.

I shook my head, and then my body, wanting him to let me go. It seemed that he turned back to what he was before, a devil, his real personality.

I  pulled my eyebrows together, "But I am?"

He now shook his head, reminding me of me everytime I was flabbergasted or absolutely, totally overwhelmed.

"I never said you were," He replied as If I were making totally false assumptions. I did not know why this situation twisted this way.

"Then was is it? Were you trying to say you like me? Because I did not jump on you after just looking at that disgusting face of yours?"

His eyes now got darker, noticing he would not get his way. He was right, he wouldn't.

I couldn't let this happen.

"You're just like all the other women after all," He spitted out in a loud voice, making me feel embarrassed. Suddenly he took everything back he just said to me.

"I can't believe I'm arguing with a businessman!" I mumbled but wanting him to keep my words clear in his mind. He needed to know how much of a child he was at that very moment.

"Don't worry," He said, "Tomorrow you'll be forgotten and we won't talk no more."

My heart started racing and I did not know if it was because he reffered to our ending meetings or to my not nearly finished interview.

I tried to be confident, "Fine."

"Fine."

"I'll just write what kind of an asshole you are!"

"Do that. That's what they all do."

"I now know, why."

In this short, short while I did not notice how close he came to me. I was now being able to smell his cologne, his smell, him.

I tried to fight this feeling that was suddenly surrounding my skin and the shivering on my back.

"Lemme guess," I started, wanting to turn my language to Jenna's, knowing how sexy it could be. "Now you'll offer to pay me to write a good interview and then you'll let me go, explaining to everybody that I was such a whore to you."

"You're being one.."

I chuckled, not knowing how to react.

Afterwards I put my hands on his chest, noticing that he was now breathing as hard as I did. I was not sure whether I wanted to push him away, keep him close or pull him even closer to me.

I started feeling dizzy and gave the alcohol all the fault for the mistakes I was about to do this very night.

"Like all the other women?" I asked innocently, deciding to play this game with him.

"Mhm, actually..." He looked up to the golden ceiling, faking a thinking look before putting his attention back to me, "You're so much different."

My breath hitched when his hand went from my arm to my waist, pressing it so tight to my skin it felt like it was burning. I was on fire and the feelings in my body were flying around.

I didn't know if this was a living hell or a pure paradise. He confused me, the woman that was just like all of the other women but not like all of the other women at the very same time.

But I found myself enjoying this. If he wanted to play this game, I could too.

"Well, you're exactly the same like anybody else." I replied. I really didn't want him to think I was falling for his stupid game, even if I played with the thought. 

He looked into my eyes, making me stay stiff. I did not know why I reacted this way. I did not know why my body reacted this way.

It must be the alcohol, there was no other way. I wasn't one to go this shy in front of others, was I?

Oh Shay...

He pressed his body even closer to mine and I forgot where we were. I forgot the expensive building we were in, surrounded by huge flowers and big paintings by some artists I have never heard of. I forgot the bedroom and anything he had said to me before.

I only felt the taste of the expensive liquor that was still in my mouth, and also his lips on mine.