twenty four

"Is she the new Louella Parsons?"

I looked up from my newspaper, which I had been reading until now, and looked at the older man sitting beside me, who only sighed and looked down at his smartphone.

"Louella Parsons or not, we're strained and totally taken away! Throw away your serious newspapers and look at this gossip woman!"

I put my newspaper on my lap, hiding my somewhat too short skirt as I tried to get unnoticeably closer to the man, trying to see what he was watching.

"We were expecting anything but that, this completely new direction! Now, we are wondering what the most well-known chief editor of America, Mary Smith, was thinking about when hiring this interesting lady!"

I then smiled brightly, and couldn't stop but feel the euphoria that had spread in my body.

"We welcome America's new journalist, Shayleen Taylor, and we're excited about what your dirty mouth has to say next!"
I widened my eyes, losing my smile, and looked at the gentleman next to me until looking down on his phone again.

My dirty mouth?

"The nasty secrets of businessmen sounds like a new erotic novel, and surely, all of us love E.L. James! But this here, ladies and gentlemen, is a new move by no other than the latest journalist of Walgreen!"

The moderator raised his voice, holding up the newest Walgreen issue.

"One fact is, we absolutely love Shayleen Taylor, and are excited about who she's going to write, or shall we say, gossip about next! Let's hope this Harry Samuels adventure isn't ending just yet, and not only business people, but lots of chicklit ladies now got something to read!"

The screen went black all of a sudden, and switched to a drugstore commercial.

I tried to slide further into the seat, looking in the opposite direction of the man next to me as I took a deep breath.

What I had to gossip about next?

Damn, what did I even write?

I felt how this train slowed down as it followed the tracks just swiftly. The train stopped right at the Ogilvie Transpo Center, making me look out of the window with a more than just reddened face.

As soon as the train stopped, I ran out, almost stumbling out of the train and catch my bag until continuing on jogging to my wished destination.

I tried to avoid all people running in the opposite direction of mine, but then ran against a much taller person, causing the two of us fall down in the middle of the platform.

"Oops," I murmured, trying to get up. I was sitting on the lap of this strangely looking person, who was just lying on his back, looking at me in wonder. He suddenly pushed me away, making me finally get up.

"Watch where you're going!"

I wanted to give him one helping hand, but then didn't anymore.

"Whatever!" I snapped and walked past him, but made sure that my bag was still adjusted on my shoulder.

"Women nowadays!" I heard him yell back, while his blonde hair was waving in this cool hair.

Arsehole, as Jenna would say now.

In order to not miss my L, I began to run again, and slowed my feet as soon as the big, bright shop in front of me appeared, decorated with the brightest colours of "Hud News."