Ch. 1: Ice Cold Skin

Start from the beginning

"Do you want more blankets? You're skin is ice cold Sean." Signe said. Jack doesn't answer but she can hear his teeth chattering. She turns away and grabs two blankets. She lays them on Jack. Jack grabs her wrist and flinches at his cold hand touching her wrist. She looks at him. Jack sneezes suddenly. Signe gets under the many blankets that were laid on him. Jack slips his arms around Signe's waist and pulls her against him feeling her body heat try to warm him up but doesn't. Jack closes his eyes and feels her arms go around his neck and head. Jack buries his face in her shoulder shivering and trembling. Signe holds him tight, rubbing his back trying to warm him up somehow. Jack coughs into her shoulder and he pulls his face out of her shirt but Signe puts her hand on the back of his head pushing him back into place.

"No. It's okay. It's okay. I don't care." Signe said. Signe plays with his hair as he continues to shiver and shake against her body. Signe bites her bottom lip. She puts her hand under the collar of his shirt and flinches when her fingers touch his ice cold skin. She rubs Jack's back  and pulls the blanket tighter around them hoping Jack will warm up faster. While she can feel sweat making her clothes stick to her body, she is more concerned about Jack being very cold and not warming up at all.

After a few minutes passed Jack's shivers finally start to die down. Signe picks her head up to see Jack's eyes close and his breathing shallow. She can still feel his body shivering though, but it's not as bad as he was minutes ago. Signe kisses Jack's forehead and continues rubbing his back in circles. She moves slightly noticing how sweaty she is under the blankets. When she moves away from Jack thought his arms tighten around her and pulls her back against him.

"Don't g-go. You're w-warm." Jack said. Signe smiles and sees his eyes open. Signe moves his green hair from his face.

"I'm also sweating like a dog." She said. Jack smiles slightly.

"I know you are, I can feel it." He said. Jack pulls away from her, still shivering ever slightly. "If you need to record videos, then go. I think I'm okay. I just...I just freaked out and wanted you here." Signe smiles and stops rubbing his back.

"You freaked me out too. But now I have to take a shower because I feel gross." She said. Jack smiles and his teeth clatter again making Signe quickly move against him putting her arms around him. "Why are you still cold?" She feels his hands touch her hips before his arms wrap around her waist. Jack says nothing but shivers and shakes in her arms. Signe closes her eyes, holding Jack close, hoping his shivers will finally stop completely.

And when they do, Jack is fast asleep. She smiles and rubs his back a few more times. She reaches underneath the blankets and lightly grabs his arm that is resting on her waist. She moves Jack's arm off and pulls away slowly from him. She grabs the pillows and puts them under his head so she can take her arm out. She moves off the bed feeling sticky and gross. She looks at herself in the mirror seeing sweat stains on her clothes. She looks at Jack though and smiles. She goes on the other side of the bed. She leans down and kisses his cheek. She moves the blankets close to him just in case he starts shivering again. She backs away and turns around. She grabs some new clothes and goes into the bathroom to take a shower. But before she could, she heard Jack groaning and moaning. She opens the bathroom door and sees Jack is pale as a ghost. She runs over to him and presses her hand on his forehead. Jack's eyes open and she stares into his crystal blue eyes. She removes her hand.

"You have a fever, a high one too. Let me get you some medicine." She said. She gets off the back and leaves as Jack coughs violently. She quickly goes down the steps trying not to fall over like she usually would. 'He doesn't need me hurting myself when he is very sick.' She thought.  She looks through the kitchen and finally finds some medicine. She runs upstairs and sees Jack sitting up on the bed.  Jack coughs. She puts her knee on the bed next to him.

"You okay?" She asks. Jack looks at her and then he glestures towards the bathroom.

"I...I think..I think I'm gonna throw up." He said. Signe nods and puts the medicine down. She pushes the blankets off of him and puts one of his arms around her neck. She helps him out of bed and to the bathroom. Jack sits on the floor next to the toilet. Signe sits down next to him.

"You weren't sick this morning. What happened?" She asks. Jack closes his eyes, not answering but groans in pain. He puts his arm around his stomach. Signe moves on her knees. "You might feel better if you throw up." He doesn't answer but he puts one of his arms around her neck and rests his head on hers. Signe smiles and sits down next to him. She grabs his hand holding it. Jack coughs and hacks.

"UUUgghhhhh!! My body hates me!" Jack yells making Signe laugh. They stay sitting for quite a while, so long she think Jack fell asleep again. She shakes Jack and he groans again.

"Come on Sean. Let's go back to bed and take your medicine, then you can go to sleep." She said. Jack doesn't move but he puts his hands on the floor. She stands up helping him up to his feet. They walk over to the bed and Jack collapses onto it curling up with the blankets almost immediately. Signe grabs the pepto bismol container and pours it out for him. Jack doesn't move but he recognizes the smell. Signe puts the bottle on the bedstand. "Come on Sean. Medicine and then sleep." Jack pushes himself up and takes the medicine. He lays back into his spot. Signe puts the cup down and looks at Jack. "I'm gonna record some videos, call me if you need anything or if you need the bathroom again." Jack nods his head and Signe gets up and leaves the door open and go to her office to record some videos.