It's You, It's Always Been You

Tumblr prompt- Can u do one where zayn ia dating perrie but still loves niall. Niall loves zayn and because of zerrie he is depressed. Please make it long and happy ending :3

Niall's Pov:

Loves a strong thing. It's a thing that takes over all your senses. It makes you do crazy things, Things you'd never think of doing before. It makes you wanna be a better person. It's one of the most powerful things in this life. Another powerful thing is depression. Although love is this amazing thing it's also a dangerous thing. Were not in control of who we fall for. We don't choose who we love, The feelings they just grow deep inside of us. Why can't we control them? Why can't we choose who we fall for? If we could I wouldn't be in this mess. If it was up to us I wouldn't feel the way I do. I wouldn't be in this mind frame, I wouldn't be depressed.

I love Zayn. It's not the kind of love that fades away in the end. It's a true undying love. My feelings they've never grown weaker, Only stronger. Everything about Zayn makes me love him. The small things he does causes me to smile even if I don't want to. He's everything I want, But nothing I can have. Zayn's not mine, He's never been mine, As much as I'd like him to be, He's just not. To him I'm just another close friend, He'll never look at me the way I need him to. He'll never speak the words I desperately crave to hear. Zayn he'll never love me the way I want him to. He'll never do it because his heart belongs to someone else. He's with Perrie. He's happy with her. He always wants to spend time with her, Why wouldn't he? She's beautiful, Funny, She has everything, She's got my whole world in her arms and she dosen't even know it. No matter how much I try I can't forget my feelings. I can't just move on and it hurts deep inside. My heart it's aching. I'm not the person I used to be, Everyone knows it, Including me. I've started drinking alot more then I normally do. I've been distancing myself from Zayn and everyone in general.

"Niall come on. Niall I know your in there!" Zayn's voice bounced off my apartment walls. "Niall open the door!" I continued to drink my beer. "Niall I can hear the radio! Open the door!" Zayn's voice began getting louder. "Niall I'll kick the bloody thing in open the damn door!" I sighed before standing up and making my way towards the door. I slowly opened it before moving back towards the couch Zayn marched inside slamming the door behind him. His eyes softened when they landed on me. "Niall what the hell are you doing?" He exclaimed as his eyes scanned my apartment, There was beer bottles everywhere.

"Having a drink" I said.

"Think you've had more then just a drink" Zayn stated, I shrugged, Zayn sighed as he made his way over to me.

"Niall what's going on?!" I raised an eyebrow. "Somethings bothering you" He said.

"Nothings bothering me" I mumbled before taking another sip of my drink, Zayn quickly grabbed hold of the bottle and yanked it from my grasp.

"Don't lie to me Niall alright! Not you! I know somethings bothering you. Just tell me what it is" Zayn begged.

"You won't care" I mumbled.

"What? How? How can you say that? How can you say I don't care? Niall I care about you. I care about you so much, How can you say I don't?" Zayn chocked out with a broken voice, I could feel tears filling my eyes.

"Yo-You don't l-ove me" I cried out, Zayn's eyes widened in horror, He dropped the beer bottle to the floor before pulling me against his chest.

"I do, Niall I do love you" He chocked out, I shook my head.

"No, No you don't. You, You love her" I looked up. "It hurts Zayn, It hurts so much" I exclaimed as even more tears fell.

"Is this why you've been drinking? Because you think I don't love you? Or I love Perrie more then I love you?" Zayn asked, I nodded my head.

"I want the pain to go away. It's the only thing that helps" I mumbled, Zayn grabbed hold of my hands.

"Niall, I love you, I love you so much" Zayn stated, My vision was blurry as even more tears fell from my eyelids. I watched as Zayn slowly leaned in but I pulled my head back.

"Don't. Don't Zayn, Zayn don't do it, Not unless you mean it" I exclaimed, Zayn looked me straight in the eyes.

"Niall your more important to me then any girl do you understand that? I love you Niall, I've always loved you" Zayn stated before leaning forward and slowly kissing my lips. The kiss wasn't needy, Desperate or passionate, It was a loving, Understanding kiss.

"Do you mean it?" I asked, Zayn stroked my cheek.

"It's you Niall, It's always been you" Zayn assured me, I instantly crashed into his open waiting arms allowing him to hold me close to him. It'd take time but with Zayn's love and support I'll be the person I used to be.