15. Say What?!

Começar do início

He didn't comment or attempt at touching me again . Instead, stuffing his hands in his pockets keeping his face blank and void of any emotion.

For some reason that hurt more to know he was shutting down on me but I dismissed the feeling and tried convincing myself I didn't care.

The sound of the elevator ding as we past each floor was the only sound as we both kept our thoughts to ourselves.

I'd known him for almost a week now and so far, all I'd seen was the cold, dominant male the public knew him as. The boss from hêll with no emotion or feelings. The beast who expected nothing but perfection from everyone around him.

No.

That's not true. As much as it would help the situation right now for that to be true, it wasn't.

From the small time I've known Maxwell Knight, he definitely was a dominant man whom expected nothing but perfection from all his employees. And he could also be a very stubborn jerk.

But for a couple moments when we cannot in here, he was so completely polar from the man the world pictured him as. The usual cold blues of his eyes that always kept me entranced had been filed with warmth and sorrow from the fact I'd been crying.

And it was ripping me apart because I can't process it.

His heart was suppose to be frozen. Hell, before we even met, my view of him was a psychopath demon with a whip demanding me to file a stack of papers that lead into the clouds.

That image was shred to pieces the moment I fell into his arms and felt the uncontrollable pull. The way he cradled me gently in his arms after driving me to pleasure overload with that talented tongue in his office mere days ago.

(Oh Lord Jesus, that tongue. It should be illegal to throw someone into so much pleasure until they couldn't even move. Anymore and he seriously would have broken my lady parts.

Concentrate Desiree...)

And how he treats Mira. Little Mira loved him so much and you could clearly see the love in his eyes too whenever he glanced at her.

Nothing at all like what I'd read on the tabloids about the CEO of the multi billion dollar company.

Sure before that he had been the lead role in my reoccurring fantasies despite the fact I had no idea who he was. Yet even back then I had been able to stay in control just for awhile.

Yeah right. Even in my dreams he had been a possessive arrogant, sêxy male. And after yesterday I'd been seriously considering quitting and disappearing off his radar. Even if every atom within me had repulsed the mere thought.

But as I recall looking up into the icy blues of his eyes as he had sputtered and tried all attempts to stop my tears. I can't help the small smile that starts to form on my cheeks.

Who knew the possessive, dominant CEO of a multi billion dollars company could be reduced to a mess with my tears.

My smile disappeared as sorrow slipped in at the thought of the resignation paper I'd already placed in his inbox that morning.

The elevator doors open and I step out wanting to be as far away as possible right now.

Before I knew what was happening, I was outside in the private parking ram and turned around to find the person I was trying to get away from behind me. A shiny black Chevrolet corvette stingray pulled up in front of us.

A guy who looked to be in his late teens stepped out of the drivers seat coming over to hand the keys to Max.

Max bypass me to get to the car, opening the front seat as he turned for me to get in.