15. Say What?!

Well that was a long ass time under MIA.

Updated!

★✔♥✔★✔♥✔★✔♥✔★

RECAP:

My wolf whimpered as the scent of her salty tears clogged our nostrils. It felt like every drop was a drop of acid onto my heart.

Rage boiled raw and overpowering at the thought of what caused her to be in this shape.

We really didn't know much about each other. And it's about time I changed that.

We needed to talk. Starting with this baby Lillian mentioned.

★♥★Desiree's POV★♥★

"Desiree" Max hushed as his hands settled on both sides of my face and his head dipped down towards my quivering form.

What the hell was happening to me? I couldn't stop crying and I don't know why that comment broke me so much.

I was still up against the elevator wall, with my legs wrapped around his hips.

I looked up between years, half shocked and unbelieving as the man whom had driven me to more örgasms than legal, in the last five days, consistent attempt to make me stop crying. A hand raised up to cup my face, wiping off a tear.

His lips descended on my cheeks as soft kisses landed all over with soft spoken words slipping in between each gentle kiss.

"Max..." I breath my hands coming up his broad chest as my back arches into the constant stream of gentle kisses placed from the tip of my head, down my throat.

I know the light kisses were suppose to comfort which they did, better than anything any doctor would prescribe. But they where starting to stir up a whole new type of problem.

This gentle touch with the fragile look in his eyes and his words were messing up my head and view in whom he is.

How could he be so caring and gentle at times like this and then tell me later he wanted nothing real from me? From this?

To my horror, of all the times in the world, my stomach picked that time to let out a reverberating growl that could have woken the dead.

We both freeze instantly at the random sound and I feel the blood instantly start rushing up to my cheeks.

"Have you had lunch?" he asked placing a large hand on my stomach as he leaned forward towards me, a gentle smile in place.

I pull away from his touch looking away so as not to get pulled into those blue depths. I had to put an end to this. I wasn't going to play along with whatever game or charade he was trying to play anymore.

"Why do you care? " I grumble knowing it's childish but just wanting to get the hell away from this sinful temptation that had managed to flip my life up and ninja-fly kick it into fµcking orbit around Pluto.

I untangle our limbs and step away from him, as far as the elevator would let me; crossing my arms around me as I pushed the emergency stop button, bringing the device back to life as we began moving again.

"Desiree-" he began reaching out for me.

"Don't." I leap away from his touch, tightening my arms around myself in a protective stance as my eyes shot up to meet his.

He looks taken back by my reaction, his face shock stricken. The hand he'd reached for my shoulder with, hung loose in the air before slowly falling to his side. Something like hurt flashed through his eyes but he turned away before I could completely see it.