Chapter 18

As Mary stood at the hospital nursery window, she smiled as she looked over the tiny miracles

As Mary stood at the hospital nursery window, she smiled as she looked over the tiny miracles.  It had been another four weeks since she had been there. Her OBGYN insisted on an ultra sound since she had no memory of her accident. Mary turned to an unfimiliar voice that was giving a tour of the hospital, "And here is our OB ward, we have top of the line pre and postnatal care." Mary slightly turned and looked behind her as she noticed the voice had stopped. The man hand a handsome kind face, "Hello Mary." 

Mary wrinkled her brow with confusion. Bruce knew immediately that she didn't reconize him. "I.. I'm sorry I don't remember you." 

Bruce swallowed a lump in his throat, he turned to his tour group. "Ok, taking a small break, meet in the main lobby in twenty minutes." He turned back to a confused Mary. " I'm Bruce Wayne, I knew you from the Gotham National bank. You were a teller there a couple of years ago."

Mary looked down as she tried to remember. She squeezed her eyes closed and felt a burning sensation on her left hand. She grabbed it with her right hand and rubbed her scar as she felt it burn. She started to hyperventilate from the memory. " looks like we're going to have to do this the hard way." Bruce lightly touched her arm; Mary quickly flentched away, "Don't touch me!" Bruce stopped and watched as she opened her eyes. She turned to face him, "That was a bad place." 

Bruce looked down at her left hand and noticed her scar. He then looked back to her face. "Yes.. It was."

Bruce ushered Mary to a seat , she didn't speak she just looked down. "Mary what happened?" 

Mary shook her head as she sat in a daze, " I can't remember. When I woke up here. I.. I was looking for something, but I couldn't remember what." 

Bruce felt sympathy for her. He lightly held her hand and smiled as she turned to him. "I have someone that can help."

Mary turned as the nurse called her name, "Thank you." Bruce smiled and watched as she went into the examination room. The nurse rolled the ultra sound wand around to find a tiny heart beat. The nurse smiled, "You're  either six to five weeks. It's too early to really tell but you are deffinatly pregnant." Mary beamed at the screen. 

Joker sat in the court yard as he watched Grace run around squealing as Magda chased her

Joker sat in the court yard as he watched Grace run around squealing as Magda chased her. Joker saw Frost in the corner of his eye as he approached him. Joker had his fingertips pressed to his lips as he continued to watch his young daughter. Frost smiled at the scene, "Kids got some energy." Joker continued to sit in silence. Frost cleared his throat, "I've got some news, the hospital is releasing  her for out patient therapy." 

Joker smiled as he heard his words, "Bring her to me." 

Frost silently nodded, he smiled as Grace ran up to her father and gave him a flower. "Pee dee..?" Graced asked. 

Joker leaned down and placed her on his lap, "It certainly is princess. Just like daddy's angel." He kissed her cheek, "Just like your mother." 

Mary waited axsiously outside the hospital for her exscort to therapy. She noticed a tall slim beautiful woman approach her; Mary gave her a nervous smile, "Hello." 

Salena smiled back, "Mary? Mary Parker?" The lady offered her hand to shake it. "I'm Denise Drunkstal. I'm your escort today." Mary smiled and nodded. Salena ushered her to a parked SUV. "Shall we?" Mary took a deep breath as she entered the car. The two ladies sat quietly as they reached  their destination. The driver opened the door and Mary climed out to see a massive house.

 She turned to Salena, "Is this the right place?" 

Salena turned back to face her and smiled, "You'll find all your answers here." Mary slowly followed her into the massive house. As she took Mary's coat, Mary studied the large portrait of her in her wedding gown. She had a sudden sharpe pain and looked down as she held her head. 

Salena rushed to her, "Are you alright?" Mary nodded as the pain eased. Salena was genuine sincere about her concern for Mary. "Ok, if you'll follow me, you'll get your answers." Mary quietly followed her up the main staircase . Salena took a deep breath as she stood outside a door. "Here you are." Mary looked at her with a puzzled expression. Salena had a half sad smile, "I'll be close if you need anything." Mary watched as she turned and walked away.    

Mary took a deep breath as she opened the door. It was a dark office with one window. The blinds were fixed so only a little bit of sunlight shined through. Mary breathed deeply as she scanned the walls and bookshelves for anything familiar. She couldn't see anything but the smell of the house seemed familiar. She noticed a small picture on the glass desk, her hand eased out to pick it up, but a haunting low voice startled her. "Welcome home Miss Parker."