Chapter 11

About an hour later, Joker strolled back to his room. As he passed Mary's door he could hear her whimper. He slowly opened the door, he could see her slightly moving as she spoke, "I wasn't  good enough.. I'm sorry... I wasn't good enough.."

"Not good enough?", he thought.

He approached her bed and sat on the edge of her bed as she started to cry in her sleep. "I hate you for making me love you." 

He couldn't take it anymore, he lightly shook her shoulder. Mary gasped at being startled awake. She sat up to met his gaze, "You were having a nightmare." 

Mary covered her face with her hands as she rocked. He leaned in and scooped her up in his lap. He stroked her hair as her eyes started to drift close. 

The next morning, Mary was shocked to see him cradling her as he leaned against the head board. "Jack..?

"Mmm...?" He rolled his head from side to side. 

"Jack its morning." She slightly poked his chest. Nothing. She leaned up and pecked him on the cheek. He stirred a little. Mary eased off of his lap but squeaked when he grabbed her waist.

 He pulled her to him and nuzzled her hair. "You were good enough." Mary hung her head. Joker kissed her head and lifted her from his lap. Mary watched as he left her room. She was in disbelief. 

After getting ready, Joker headed down to the large kitchen

After getting ready, Joker headed down to the large kitchen. He could smell bacon and coffee. Mary had been busy cooking and was now reading the headlines of the Gotham Times. "Poor Nathan..." Joker had just strolled around the corner when he heard her words. He snatched the news paper out of her hand and her coffee, "Hey..?!" Joker wiggled his eyebrows up and down as he drank her coffee and read the headline "Cobbelpot Gala a Bust. "Your such a dick." 

He smirked as he brought down her cup from his lips, "Yes.. But let's not lie that you love a dick.. Meaning.. My dick..?" He went back to reading the news paper. He chuckled as he saw a picture of Nathan Smith raising his hand as he tried to block the photographer. 

Mary snapped the news paper back from him. She looked down at it with a sad expression, "He will probably be fired." Joker shrugged his shoulders as he smirked. Mary slowly looked to his face, "That was your plan wasn't  it?"

Joker crossed his arms, "My what ever do you mean? Hell yeah I picked that plan for a reason, to get Grace back of course."

Mary's look turned to anger, "But?" 

Joker strolled right up to her face, "But why not have a little fun?" He started to walk away when Mary's coffe cup smashed into the wall beside the doorway. He whistled as he turned around to face her. 

Mary's  arms were crossed in front of her chest, "You need a fucking straight jacket." 

Joker twirled around out the kitchen doorway laughing. 

Mary looked at the mess, "Rosa!"

Joker yelled in the distance, "Rosa's gone! Clean it up yourself!"

"Shit!" Mary stomped her foot. After she cleaned up the kitchen, she headed to her room to research Harold Allnut. She was completely at a loss when it came to Internet research. She quietly thought to herself, "Maybe there is a clue back at Ozzys."  Mary crept pass Jokers office, she was suprised that he wasn't in it. She peaked around each corner and spotted him on the back patio. She could hear him speak, "Salena.. I need you to find someone for me.. Harold Allnut.. Yeah she was still with him when I got there... Little prick works for the museum, but not for long.." 

Mary turned away in disbelief. "Why does he have to be so cruel?" Mary's darkness crept in, "Remember, your hate for him is your strength... Use it!"

Mary ran to the garage and pushe out a BMW I8. 

She didn't start the engine until she was a little ways out of the main driveway. Joker walked pass his office and noticed movement on the security camera, "Shit!" He ran down the stairs and heard the car spin out of the drive. Mary knew he would soon find her, so as soon as she hit the city limits, she pulled up to the Gotham Skyline; a high class hotel. She let the valet park the car as she walked down the street. The hotel was about two blocks away from Oswalds, Mary felt she needed peace as she went back to the house. She also felt betrayed by Joker and Salena. 

Mary signed as she entered the big house. She was trying to think of her next move, "Think genius." She had a surge of excitement whe she remember the file name on the jump drive. "Alice!" She quickly made it to Oswalds vast library; she scanned for the book and found a first addition "Alice in Wonderland." She quickly turned to the page that had an illustration of the Queen of Hearts." 

Mary looked closer at the picture and noticed small writing around the edge of the queens dress

Mary looked closer at the picture and noticed small writing around the edge of the queens dress. She knew it was Oswalds, "304 Penance Ave." Now that I have the address, do I tell J about it? Her conscience spoke up, "Hell no!" Mark had an evil smirk as she listened.