Chapter 1

Maribell -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was running threw the castle halls. Gracefully avoiding running into servants who were preparing for the queen and kings arrival. The room was full of bright decorations after all my mother loved to see the palace full of life. The outside as well. I know what your thinking. Vampires hate anything happy and alive but it wasn't true. Lost in my own thoughts I failed to realize that i had run in to the blazing afternoon sun. I fell to the ground curling into a ball trying to shield my exposed skin. I let out a hearth wrenching scream.

"Bell!!!" i heard my older brother screaming my name. He was in Library yet again as future king he was expected to be well educated about both past, present and future of not only our race but the Were wolves. I was heading there to sit in on one of his many history lessons. My presence was not mandatory, It was only relevant for the future heir to the thrown but i much to my mother's displeasure had found it interesting much to her dismay My father found my enthusiasm endearing so by order of the king I was aloud to attend as well for as long as I desired if I behaved and did not interfer with Jaxton's  studies. Both rules which I had just tattered on, Not that Running into the blasting sun was not something i regularly cared to do. Not at all.

I was shield from the scorching beams of light. I instantly knew who it was, Jaxton My beloved older brother he was always around to protect me, even from my own carelessness. I was in my brothers arms his tall figure blocking some rays from scorching my pale hypersensitive skin . He was 56 years older than me and he had a higher tolerance and  resistance to the sun's rays.  Once he hit 100 the sun's scorching rays  would have hardly no affect on him. My brother was 72 years old but he appeared to be no older than 14. Two years younger than my actual age were as i looked to be 5 years of age. A born pure blood vampire didn't quite hit their physical development until they 100 birthday our mental development was complicated we learned and observe things fast yet a childish innocence lingered so it was not as if we where full fledged adult vampires in a child's body but pure bloods unlike turned or half-breeds tended to retain every memory's of early age and could tap into them at will. Pure bloods where stronger mentally and physically, one pure blood could whip out dozens of half-breeds at one go. Unfortunately their were not many left of us. After all many found there soulmates in humans and often  breed with said  humans before turning their life mate. It was easier for a human to become pregnant with a vampire offspring than a Vampire. Which explained the major age gap between pure blood sibling that is if the Mated couple was blessed once again with furtility.  The hafling would age as a normal human the first 18 years of their lives before the craving for blood and the painful sprout of there fangs Depending on the individual family linginer full development would stop from 20 to 25. In thoes years they where unstable and easly tempted by the blood lust. Jaxton and I had learned  this in one of his many  lessons a few months ago.

"Jaxton it hurts" I screamed once he had got me back to the safety of the cool misty shadows.

"As it Should my dear sister you know better than to go outside at this time of day, have you not been scolded enough to use the underground passages" he lectured and i looked down in shame.  I had on many occasions by many different sources but I loved the life the day brought. I was captivated by the beauty it provided.

" My mind was preoccupied" For once I was not lying. I had meant to take the passage but then I got news of our parents arrival.

"when is it not, but you must be more careful my dear you are yet a new born." He reprimand and i silently sulked.  His eyes soften as he lovingly stroked my unscaltered cheek. He could never stay angry with me for long.