So why haven't I fallen for him already?

To put it simply, he's gay.

Like any other cliché novel out there.

He didn't fully know until college. He had been unsure of his feelings, so he continued on his destructive path.

Using girls like tissues.

Matt is and always has been a very light-hearted and comedic friend. However, out of the two of us, he is definitely the more polite one. It's not like i'm super rude, but my introverted self can barely utter a simple hi.

All of a sudden, I'm pulled out of my daydream.

"I don't wike momma angwy!" Sam sniffed, his eyes turning glossy.

Aww, poor baby.

"Then can you go to bed, please?"

"Can Sammy shleep wif momma?" He asks in a small voice. He really is momma's boy. He can't even go without me for ten minutes, which is the only reason I take him to my workplace, Mocs' Café. I was kind of scared that my manager Jenna wouldn't like me bringing my personal life into my work life, but thankfully she loves babies.

Not being able to leave Sam alone was the only reason why I couldn't find a good job. My options were very limited and those included just bunch of different cafe's. My degree in business sat there on the bottom drawer of my cupboard uselessly.

Also, a question that I got asked many time since I was in college — Why do you need to work if you are so rich?

Obviously, to become independent. I can't lay off my parents' money for my entire life. I want to make my own path, my own life and even though it would be easy to just live on my parents' money, I chose a different path, a normal path, a path where I try and make my own life and stand on my own feet and Matt has been a biggest support in this.

I don't like my parents spending so much money after Sam as if they own him. They already have enough expenses to pay for and I don't want to burden them. As Sam's mother, it is my duty to fulfill his needs and wishes. They still pamper him with expensive gifts that he won't know how to use. I mean, what was the use of gifting a two year old a remote-control car?

Absolutely nothing!

I tried explaining this to them, but they wouldn't budge so I let it go.

"Of course hon! C'mon, let's go." He raised his arms so I could pick him up. His small head rested on my shoulder as I headed to my room.

I placed him on the bed, pulling the blanket over him and sliding beside him. I stroked his little hair, knowing that it calmed him. He fell asleep soon after. His tiny hands held my bicep as he curled into a little ball, like a caterpillar.

Definitely a cute one.

My eyelids slowly closed as I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~

Poke. Poke. Poke.

I felt someone poking my arm, but I ignored it, going back to sleep.

Poke. Poke. Poke.

I opened my left eye, annoyed at the disturbance. Sam was standing by the bed in his superman night suit, his finger poised in the air, as if he was mid-poke. His hair was ruffled and he had eye-boogers.

"Sammy is hungwy!"

Looks like the little devil woke up before me once again.

A sleepy smile formed as I sat up, pulling him onto my lap. I kissed his forehead as he grinned, looking up at me. "What do you want to eat?" I ask.