Halloween

Author's note before the chapter:

Right now I have started writing this chapter on April 21st.(also,this is the 21st chapter xd)

I have...been procrastinating a bit while making this book,but I hope you can forgive me for taking so long to upload the chapter.I can only do what I can :)

Enjoy this chapter!

October 29th,

Pencil's POV,

I looked at myself in the mirror,I adjusted my witch hat and brushed my hair a bit.I checked to see if my dress fit well and made some last minute changes to my costume.I then sat down and looked at my clock.It was only 7:10 PM,and surprisingly,the sky was already dark.Tonight is the day of the Halloween dance!I've bought a lot of things to prepare for the occasion.

I'm waiting for Match to come to my house,we were going to ride our bikes to school.I got my Halloween bag and looked inside to see if my stuff was still safe inside.I had my phone,some money,some candy my parents bought,a small jar of peanuts and a plastic container filled with Yoyleberries.

If you're wondering,the peanuts and berries aren't for me.It's for Ruby and Bubble!Yes,I'm still on the project.I kinda feel that TODAY is the deadline for them to fall in love with eachother.It feels like today is the perfect day...they're going to the dance,for sure,it was confirmed during the school day.It was also confirmed that Pen was going to the dance as well to help me with the project!

Hmmm....I feel as if I shouldn't call this "project" but I don't really have any other good words for it.The reason why I'm so passionate for this is because Ruby and Bubble are PERFECT for each other.I mean look at them!The project was kind of established to benefit them,not me.

Knock,Knock

I heard someone knock softly on my bedroom door. I jumped up from my bed and answered.It was my mom.

"Uh,hey Mom!" I say.

"Hello Pencil." Mom says greeting me "Match is outside the house,waiting for you!Are you finished putting on your costume?"

"I sure am!" I exclaim,I grab my Halloween bag get my bike and get out side the door to greet Match.

"Goodbye,Pencil!Have a great time at the dance!" I hear my dad say.

"Bye Dad!"

"Now,Pencil,remember,this is a school dance.Don't try anything above your age."Dad warns me.

I blush angrily,"Dad!!I would never think of doing anything 'above my age' I'm only thirteen!"Match then laughs right after I say that.

"Okay good,just checking.Have fun but not too much fun!"Dad smiles.He then closes the door.

I roll my eyes and turn to Match."Ugh,Dads...amiright?" Match snickers and gets on her bike.I put my bag on one of my bike handles,I then mount my bike and follow Match.

I look at Match's costume,impressed.No doubt,she spent a long time making the costume.I remember she told me she had to sew the costume with limited help from her mother.I should of told her about Needle's mom.

"Nice costume,Matchie!"I compliment my best friend."Thanks!"Match says"Can you guess who I'm dressing up as?"

I eye her costume carefully,trying to think who she resembles."I got nothing.Who?"