Last Day of Summer

August 31st.

A/N:This book is timeless,so don't expect this to say the year.Enjoy the book!

Pen's Pov (Point of view)

This is so weird.It's the last day of summer and I'm already getting hit with bad news.I thought stuff like this happens during the school year.

Beside it being my last day of freedom.Mom decided that she's not driving me to school anymore.

She said that this morning in our kitchen.

"You're going to be walking to school this year."She said,out of the blue.

Honestly,that was unexpected.

"What???Why!?"I ask."Because last year,I'm always late for work driving you to school.I have to wait for you to get ready,Which takes forever.And drive you.I think it'll save us a lot of time if I don't drive you and you walk."Mom explained.

Well...she's not lying that I take forever.So I'll give her that.

"Plus," Mom adds "I walked to school all of the time when I was your age!"

"Yeah...uh...but Mom...kids these days don't walk to school."I said,attempting for Mom to go back on her decision.

"Don't talk back to me,Pen!You're going to walk to school!You know where to walk right?"Mom quietly snapped.

"Yes,I think." I say.I know she's not going back on it now.

"Great!Tomorrow is school,remember?So I want you to get your backpack,and your clothes,and your supplies,and your lunch..."Mom just kept on going and going and going.I already knew that I had to get my supplies ready for tommorow.I wanted to tell her that I know all of that,but I didn't wanna be rude.I just shrugged and went to my room.

I'm going to eighth grade.If anyone wanted to know.I think it might be a pretty good year for me.Looking back at last year.That wasn't really that bad.Sure,I got a detention here and there,I failed some tests...But hey.I passed and I'm moving along.That's what matters.

Hold on.Someone's texting me.
Oh my god...It's Eraser.Hold on...

InkMaster:What is it Eraser?

Manly-and-Pink:Blocky,and I are going to SnowB's house.Wanna come?

Although I love my friends.I need some space away from them.So I declined.

InkMaster:Nah.I don't wanna,I'm busy.

Manly-and-Pink:With what?

InkMaster :With my school stuff!

Manly-and-Pink:Lies.You said you're done with all that already.

Crap.He's right.

InkMaster:Fine,you got me.But I don't wanna go.Okay?

Manly-and-Pink:Kay,I'll send you pictures.

InkMaster:That's fine...See ya tommorow.

And I logged off.

I then turned on my computer.

Might as well have fun when I'm still free,right?

. . .

Pencil's Pov

"You seriously have to stop eating that stuff,Bubble."Match complains.
"Why?"Bubble asks,she's eating a bunch of Yoyle berries,again.