Chapter 26 - The Trip

Mulai dari awal

Rand drops us off at the airport and tells us to have a good time. He promises one of them will be here to pick us up next week.

We finally get through all of the airport crap and board the plane. The girls want to sit together, so Sol and I sit across from them. Tyler and Grey sit behind them. We decide to stay in a hotel, because we don't want to offend anyone and there are six of us compared to just the four of them who would stay at their respective parent's houses.

The flight is smooth and we arrive without any scares. We rent a large SUV and ride to the hotel to check in. Meg's excited because according to her, "We never get to stay at a hotel. They are going to be so jealous."

"Who?" Amy asks.

"My cousins. Tara and Michael. They are so fun to play with. Tara always plays dolls with me and Michael teaches me how to play basketball," she says excitedly. I can see that Amy is excited too.

We get into our suite and unpack. We order room service and finish settling into the room. Tyler's arms come around me from behind, "Are you nervous?" I nod. "Don't be. Our parents already love you, and I know that Sol's brother and his wife will love you also."

"You don't have a sibling?"

"Grey and I don't have any brothers or sisters. Sol's brother is older than him by four years, so we never really hung out with him. He used to take Solomon with him when he hung out with his friends every now and then, but it stopped when we got to high school and he went off to college. He didn't want to have anything else to do with Sol or any of us, so it was like he was an only child also."

I turn in his arms going up on my tip toes to brush my lips against his. "I really hope they like me. I need this to be a peaceful trip."

"They have no choice but to love you. You're amazing," Grey steps in the room behind us.

"I'm glad you think so. I don't trust it until I see it. I saw how my family was towards Frankie when she first came to a family gathering and it wasn't pretty. My brother's lost her for two weeks after that because she left. I won't leave any of you, but I will curse someone out and leave if needed." I resolve.

"I'm sure you won't have to, but if you do, we'll back you up completely." Sol says.

There's a knock on the door announcing the arrival of dinner. Sol gets the door and tips the bell person before pulling the food inside and closing the door behind him. We sit out the food in the dining area and sit down to have a family dinner before the visits start tomorrow.

We listen to Amy and Meg talk about going to the zoo tomorrow and smile. They are both so excited. Of course the zoo is Amy's favorite place and she has to visit it anywhere that we travel. I enjoy our time together and after dinner we play a game of Chutes and Ladders with the girls.

Afterwards, we take them swimming in the hotel pool so they can play before taking a shower and putting them to bed. Since the girls aren't really used to taking a shower and the hotel doesn't have a bath, I end up in the shower with them to wash and rinse their hair.

I get them dried off and into their pajamas and then I blow dry their hair. They go in the living area to say goodnight to the guys. When I put them to bed I ask them, "Did you have fun today?"

They both nod happily, "We did. It was so much fun."

Meg says, "I'm glad you were here. I don't know what I would have done if you weren't."

"What do you mean?"

"When we had to shower tonight. You came in with us in your swimsuit and helped. I couldn't have my dad doing anything like that," she places her small hand on mine.