Chapter 2 - Committment

Ronnie

I walk inside of the house and look around. The entryway is very small with a strip of white marble going across. I take Amy's jacket and hang it in the closet to the right. As we walk further inside, to the left is an amazing kitchen with blonde wood cabinets and marble counter tops. There is an island in the middle of the kitchen with blue gray chairs sitting on one side of it. The appliances are all stainless steel and I look forward to cooking on the stove. To the right of the kitchen is a formal dining room. I don't have a table in there yet because I haven't found the right one. I'm thinking glass.

I look to the right and the living room is fully carpeted and fully furnished. I have Amy's cartoon collection sitting under the tv.

I look over at Amy who already has her face pressed to the glass door, trying to see the beach beyond the back porch, "Can we go to the beach now?" She asks.

"We're going to put our things away and then go shopping with Aunt Frankie. We can go to the beach tonight when we get back or tomorrow, okay?"

She nods and heads towards the steps. We climb the steps and she asks, "Which one is my room?" I lead her to the door that has her new bedroom set. She told me a few weeks ago, that she was too old for her current bedroom set. We open the door and she practically screams as she runs into the room. "Thanks Mommy! I love it!" I watch her sit on the maroon comforter on her bed, and look around her room. The carpet matches the comforter and pillows. Her walls are a pale gray and her bedroom furniture is an off-white. I turn on her television and have her lay down until it's time to leave.

I walk across the hall to my bedroom. I look down the hall at the other four bedrooms. I don't know what we are going to do with all of this space, but I didn't want to be too far away from Frankie and my brothers. There's even another bedroom downstairs. If I ever go broke, I can open a bed and breakfast I guess.

I love my bedroom, it's my sanctuary. I lay down in the large bed and set a thirty minute alarm on my phone. I also turn on some soft music and close my eyes.

I wake up and get myself together. Then I go and wake up Amy and get her ready. I hear Frankie pull up as we approach the front door. When we get into the car, I look around and none of the guys are in the car. I smile, "What? No bodyguards today?"

"Cameron and Dylan are setting up their offices and Rand is helping them. I'm kind of glad, because I get to spend some time with you and Amy. Between the moving, the family and the wedding planning, I'm going crazy. An afternoon with you will relax me a lot." She tells me.

"Glad I can help. Where are we going?"

"I found a couple of furniture stores in the area on google and hopefully they'll have something and will be able to deliver tomorrow morning before the Grandpas get here. Once we get that out of the way, we can have dinner and I can relax until Friday. Do you mind if I spend Friday night with you since the ceremony is on Saturday?" She gives me the rundown of the schedule.

"Not at all. We'll have a slumber party with Amy." Amy looks away from the window when she hears her name.

"What are we doing?"

"We're going to have a slumber party on Friday with Frankie," I bring her up to date.

"Yay!" She starts making plans while I look around. I'm going to make sure that this will be a good year for us. She's had so much change in the past couple of years that I know that she needs normalcy. This will be our last stop for a while. Frankie and my brothers are putting down roots here also, so I know that we aren't going anywhere.