Chapter 18 - Spring Break

Ronnie

The next couple of weeks we get back to normal. Solomon goes back to work and although he still has to wear the cast for about three more weeks, he's able to get around better. He rides to work with Rand who continues to help him with his company.

We're sitting in the living room after dinner, talking about our days. They look kind of nervous and I can't figure out what's going on with them. When the time comes, I get the girls ready for bed and when I come back down, they're whispering to each other. When they see me, all conversation ceases.

I sit down in front of them, "What's going on?"

Tyler clears his throat, "Well, we've been spending a lot of time here."

"A lot more time than we spend at our house," Grey adds.

"We just can't be away from you. So we were wondering if we could just move in with you and Amy officially. We'll pull our weight around here," Solomon starts to rub his knee above his cast.

I smile at their sweetness, "Of course you can move in with us! I can't see you not being here. I don't want you away from me either."

They look at me in relief and come over to hug and kiss me. We hammer out the details before we go to bed. We make everything contingent on what Meg says about it.

Solomon and I pick up the girls from school the next day and take them to Tyler's restaurant for dinner. We are able to get the back room of the restaurant since no one has reserved it. When we get our food and start eating, Solomon starts.

"Meg, we've been talking to Ronnie and we've decided to sell our house and move in with her. We just want to see how you feel about it."

Meg finishes chewing her food, "I thought we already live there. I have my own bedroom and we're there every night."

"But you won't have your room at the other house anymore. How does that make you feel?" I ask.

"I have a room at home and a room at Frankie's house. I don't need another room," she takes another bite of her food.

I turn to Amy, "How do you feel about it?"

"I love having a sister. I thought they were already living with us also." She looks at me and takes a sip of her drink. Solomon and I glance at each other. I guess that's it.

In the next couple of weeks, they move the rest of their things home and put their house up for sale. We hire a designer to integrate some of their things into the house. When she finishes, it looks amazing. Very homey.

We're coming up on Dylan's birthday and I need to shop for a gift. Frankie is planning dinner for him again and our grandfathers are coming. Since none of our parents are coming, it will definitely be a peaceful birthday for him. Frankie says that he and Rand leave for most of the day, but we'll have dinner shortly after they get home.

The girls need a few things also and we decide to go to the mall. Solomon and I sit in the food court while Tyler and Grey take the girls to pick out a gift for Dylan and get a few things. I get us a couple of drinks and sit down beside him, handing him his.

"You can leave me here and go with them if you'd like. I can stay here until you get back," Solomon offers.

"You know better than that. I won't leave you here alone. If it was up to me, we wouldn't leave the house until your cast comes off." I put my hand in his and he laces his fingers through mine.