Tracks.

The whistle sounds like a forlorn call in the night. Quickly I ran to my window. Peering outside there was nothing but I could hear it.

Getting louder, coming closer.

Transfixed on the ground my chest heaved up and down. I could barely breath.

"James!"

The room with empty.

The white lights began to flicker frequently. I could hear it coming as if it were about to pass through the room.

I tried to move but a small light gradually grew bigger. The lids of my eyes blink rapidly.

As the clacking became rumbling the light turn to steel.

A ringing in my ears. I clogged them with my index fingers and cringed. Blustery winds flew stray papers around me. My hair feeling as if it were being tugged out of my scalped.

I could hear the tracks rumbling.

It was here.

I shook my head furio-

"Tom!"

I jolted upward breathing hard. Carefully I turned my head and saw James sitting there flaring his nose. Reaching my hand out I touched my face and sure enough wet streaks on water dripped from my eye.

James grabbed his left slim shoulder and rubbed it tentatively.

"You're not fine, are you?"

"No."

I used to love trains.

~~~~

"My condolences. "

"Im so sorry for your lost."

"Its so tragic."

"How are you holding up?"

"If you need anything just call."

"...My mother died, its not the end of the world. I swear if someone else pats my back trying to console me Im going to drown myself."

It was two years ago. Yet it felt like yesterday.

"That would be unfortunate. "

My eyes cut towards James. I still wondered why I befriend this tall giraffe with a mane. He never seemed to understand the meaning of sympathy or empathy.

I didn't really either.

"Glad you feel that way. Remind me that when you die to write 'Too bad' on your tombstone."

"I would rather prefer 'Oh well'. Kinda gives it that who the fuck cares feature, you know?"

The liquor store.

It was our little hide away when the world seemed to be on fire. Pushing the glass door open I immediately was hit with a gust of cold air that rattled me. Grabbing my jacket closer to my body like a scared kid holding his teddy bear for strength.

"Damn Joseph! You always got it on negative fuckery degrees in here." James always had something to say when it came to Joseph's store. But like the punk he is he never had the guts to leave. This place meant too much to us.

"Shut the hell up Madison looking like Ratatouille."

He straight faced Joseph and walked to the back mumbling curse words.

I shook my head and followed him on his heels yet someone called my name.

"Aye Tbaby."

Stopping abruptly in my tracks I turned on my heels 180.

I already knew what this conversation was about to intell. He's going to ask me how I was doing; If I'm taking my meds;Have I visited her grave.

It was the same routine every year and each and everytime I respond the exact same way. At least I have an inch of hope for something different. Something that'll for once make me question if the world is actually changing.

He stood on a platform behind bullet proof glass. An open slot was where he would talk. The only way of communication to be heard.

I was silent, waiting for the grumble in his voice.

"How you doing?"

Check.

"I'm living Joseph."

"Yea but living with ptsd ain't no joke. That shit take yo mind if you don't take care of yourself. Are you taking your pills?"

Check.

"Yes."

I know what I have. Don't tell me what I have like you have a first hand experience. You don't know the half of it.

Stop acting like you do.

Losing your mind isn't the scary part. It's the constant anticipation and knowing that one day you're going to snap.

And there's nothing you can do about it

"That's good to hear Tommy. I know its kinda hard for you during this time with Christmas and all......"

"Christmas is fine. I'll celebrate it alone with a bottle of Norco and Vicodin. No I haven't visited her grave. Never did, Never will. "

"T-"

"Im going to the back."

The past is in the past. Leave it there.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Le chapter seven is finished

A little look into Tommy's past

Comments? Questions!

Le vote and share!

Love you Caleb😂💕💕