7

•TW Chapter, be safe, love you•

Thomas.

There was something about the rain.

The way the sky spilled its tears on my window. The smell of freshness in the air. I was as happy as kid on Christmas morning when it rained in my city. We rarely got it. Los Angeles rarely got alot of anything as a matter of fact. Most of our days are neutral.

I looked at my laptop that sat beside me on the bed. Closed and turned off. Releasing a sigh I spoke to no one but myself.

"When are you going to get your shit together and write like you used to."

"I'm glad you asked that before I had to."

It was a short internal chuckle but it was enough to make me feel better. He always made me laugh even when I let tragedy steal my voice he was the one who went on a spiritual quest by himself to get it back.

"What are you doing here anyway?"

From the doorway to the bed he strutted his long legs.

Knotted hair and short it was silk to the touch. Even when we were little I envied his hair.

My God he was something special.

"I know how you get around this time an-"

"Im fine James, alright."

"-I know you're just trying to help...but I got it. I took my meds."

His eyes said it all. Disbelief, worry, and sorrow. I didn't need anyone monitoring me. I wasn't crazy.

Im tired of being treated like it.

The shackles they placed on me were holding me back. I am not the ground my ancestors knelled on, bent at the waist, picking white gold. I will not be whipped and restraint by medicine that's meant to suppress who I naturally am.

I am human.

Mistakes, flaws and all.

His palm, soft as cotton caressing the dimples in my back.

"You sure?"

Slowly my eyes lifted up looking forward. Directly across from us was a full length mirror that stood tall. We were sitting on the edge of the bed. My body bent, elbows resting on my thigh. The reflection of us seemed a little...off.

I could hear something in the distance. A long horn and the rattling of tracks. I grabbed the pole attached to the foot of the bed and stood up slowly. I furrowed my eyebrows and look at the ground scattered.

"Do, Do you hear a train?"

My mouth open breathing lightly. I couldn't help it but my eyes frequently moved around the room, scanning.

I turned to James and he looked at me confused. "No?"

Clack. Clack. clack. clack. clack.