Chapter 10

Just An Innocent – Chapter 10

A/N : Hey guys ! So i know it's been a while since the last time i've posted a chapter, but i've been super busy, and my life has drastically changed since then... But, I'm back now, I don't know if I'll be able to post a lot of chapters at once, but I'll try not to leave you guys waiting for too long between the updates!

Anyway, little reminder: things between you and Lauren have never been this complicated and you finally realized you had to distance yourself from her otherwise she was going to destroy you, and you've suffered quite enough already... Let's see how this whole moving out thing goes!

Your point of view

Lauren/You - Just an Innocent - Chapter 10

The next day, as i woke up, i went looking for Clara, knowing that I had to tell her the news. Nobody was up yet, it was pretty early in the morning and they were probably still in need of sleep since my friends had stayed until 3 a.m. When I went in the kitchen, Clara was there, cooking for breakfast. Everything was silent, except for her quietly humming some Spanish song. I couldn't help but gaze at her with a smile on my lips. She was an incredible mother and i was glad to have someone like her. She was the closest thing i had to a mother since those last few years and god knows how much I needed that. Living here was everything i ever dreamed about. A family, which I loved, and that loved me just as much, mostly anyway. But i had to break this. That was my only choice. Ruining this new lifestyle, or losing my sanity because of a certain green eyed girl. My smile instantly vanished as i walked towards her and sat down at the table, waiting for her to notice me. It didn't take long though as she turned around a few minutes later. Inevitably, my presence startled her although that wasn't my goal.

"Hi honey." She said with a nice smile once she came back to her senses. She sat down in front of me and took my hand kindly. "Are you alright?" she questioned.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You?" I answered nonchalantly not wanting to start the conversation with Hey Clara, I'm leaving, thanks for taking me in, but i have to go cause your daughter is driving me crazy. Not a great start i believe.

"Are you sure?" She asked squeezing my hand gently. "You seem a bit...I don't know, out of it?" she said questioningly.

"There's a lot on my mind, that's all." I said quietly, not wanting to look at her in the eyes, knowing that her tender look would take away all the strength i have.

"You know you can tell me anything, right baby?" she asked and i just nodded but remained silent and she understood that i needed a few minutes so kept quiet, squeezing my hand every now and then as she finally waited for me to just get it out. And finally i did.

"I am going to move out." I said slowly, looking at her in the eyes this time, which i regretted instantly as I saw the heartbreaking look she was giving me. The roles were instantly reversed as she remained silent and i waited for her to speak. After a few seconds and some deep breath, she looked at me again.

"Are you not happy here?" The fact that this was the first question she asked almost killed me right on spot. My happiness was everything she cared about and i loved that about her.

"I am, i promise i am." I said squeezing her hand myself.

"Then why?" she asked as tears filled her eyes.

"I just...I'm not made for living like this, in a family and stuff like this." I lied, not exactly feeling like telling her i had feelings for her daughter. I knew saying that would hurt her but i couldn't just tell her that.