Chapter 1

Lauren/You — Just An Innocent — Chapter 1

A/N: Apparently many of you enjoyed the prologue which makes me super happy ! You confirmed that I had a nice plot here and I could exploit it in a great way so here is the official first chapter of Just An Innocent! I'm really gonna try to build this story so therefor the chapters are going to be longer. Just sayin...

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy it.

Your point of view.

To say that I felt completely out of place in Clara's house would be a huge euphemism. I felt like I was a fish lost in the desert, I felt in another world, a world I most certainly didn't belong to. It was clearly obvious no one wanted me here and I couldn't blame them for it. No one would want to live with someone who had almost killed a guy. After Lauren had clearly showed her displeasure and after she welcomed in that very unpleasant way, her mother scolded her causing her to smirk she walked back to her room. I wished she hadn't been the time who'd judged me that fast for my past mistakes but you don't always get what you want so I guessed I'd have to keep up with her shit for as long as I'd stick around, which hopefully wouldn't be very long. After she walked back to her room, the rest of the family left too, going back to what they were doing in order to keep themselves busy so that they wouldn't have to be around me which I understood completely. I felt Clara's hand on my shoulder as she squeezed it reassuringly.

"They'll come around, don't worry." She said and I just nodded. "Sarah, show her new room." She added and as my eyes met my sister's face I knew there was something about the room because clearly she wouldn't be this happy and excited if it was just some normal room. She dragged me up the stairs to get to the first floor and I thought that my room would be somewhere down that corridor but she just led me to other stairs.

"I didn't notice this house had two floors." I stated as I followed her up the stairs.

"It doesn't." she answered before opening the door and slowly letting me in, a confused expression upon my face. I walked in and my eyes widened as I saw what their attic looked like.

"It used to be where we stored everything that were no use to them or everything they didn't know where to put. But when we realized that you were gonna come and live with us we refurbished it and made it look like a pretty cosy and cool room." She explained and I still couldn't form a correct sentence as I was stunned by what Clara had done for me once me.

(A/N: IT WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS http://www.homedesign.be/fr/avant-apres/amenagement-dun-grenier/amenagement-dune-chambre-dans-les-combles/ with other furniture like a guitar, a bookshelf and stuff like that but that's just for you to understand what I meant by the bedroom in the attic.. )

"I would have been happy to share a normal room with you." I answered.

"I know but we figured you'd need to have time alone sometimes. Just you and your thoughts. We thought that you'd want to escape this world at times so this is your Safe Haven." She answered and I just smiled extremely pleased.

"Those are my old stuff." I stated as I recognized most of the furniture I used to have in my old bedroom two years ago.

"Yeah they are." She answered.

"You kept everything?" I asked looking around and recognizing a pile of books I used to own, my guitar, my pictures on the walls and my old journals, each filled with a description of every year of my life. I had started them was I was 12 and completed the first one the day before my 13th birthday so I made a thing out of this. At each one of my birthdays, I'd start writing in a new journal and I would complete it before the next birthday. The 5 books were waiting for me on the desk. I never had the chance to finish writing the 5th one. I had been arrested in the middle of my 16th year so it wasn't possible for me to keep writing and let's just say that I wasn't exactly motivated to write while in prison since I didn't have a lot to say. Every day was pretty much the same as the previous one.