"She doesn't have to do this again. I can go out for lunch."

"She's your mother. She loves you so much."

"I love her so much too."

"What about your Dad?" He faked hurt.

I punched his shoulder playfully. "You know I love you too. You're my Dad, my one and only."

He stood up from the couch and so I did. "I know son. So, that's it. I gotta go now. Eat that. Be healthy. Now, go get that girl."

I hug my Dad. "Thank you, Dad. I'll thank Mom for this too. Take care."

He broke the hug and pat my shoulder. "Be a good boss here."

"I will."

I waited till my Dad get in his car and drove off. Smiling, I turned around only for my smile to vanish. All eyes of the people in the lobby were on me.
The receptionists, security guards, clients, and the cleaning crew.

"Get back to work!"

At my voice, they tore their gazes away from me and hurried back to their work.

You couldn't blame me.

I'm a good boss.

*****

When I got to floor of my office, Sheena wasn't there anymore. She probably had gone off to her office already.

Hands in my pocket, I shook my head and proceeded to my own office.

I open the lid of the tupperware and smiled when I saw what my Mom made for me. It was her special cheesy lasagna, my favorite. I licked my lips at the sight.

I looked at my watch and disappointed to see that it was still 9:34. I couldn't wait until lunch and eat my lunch.

I closed the lid and set my lunch aside. I would just have to be patient.

I busied myself in my office. Since it was my first day at work, I studied the blueprint of our company, its board members, staff and employees, everything.

By the time I was finished, it was already lunch break.

Almost eagerly, I opened the lunchbox and started eating. I moaned at the taste of Mom's cheesy lasagna. I was halfway through my food when there was a knock on my office door.

I took a gulp of my water. "Come in."

"Mr. Smith. What do you want for lu-?" It was Mrs. Heusaff , my Secretary. "I see you're having lunch already. That was what I was about to ask."

I smiled at her. "Thank you."

She nodded at me and exited my office not so long after.

I continued eating and was done just in a few minutes. I got back to work after I had my lunch. As I was sorting out some files of the staff and employees, I came across Sheena's.

The image of Sheena crying at the Eiffel Tower suddenly popped into my mind. It was disturbing. Her tears weren't a sight to see. She was broken and I was itching to find the reason out.

When I saw her earlier this morning, my heart skipped a beat. The mere fact that she worked in my company overwhelmed me. It gave me opportunity to know more about her, to be closer with her.

Sheena Mae E. Alcantara.

Quezon City, Philippines

February 27, 1990

22 years old.

Those were some basic information about her. It was also stated there her educational background, marital status, work experience, talent and skills.

According to her resume, she graduated Bachelor of Arts in Fashion Design. She was single of course. She worked at a local boutique at her birthplace as a designer and flew abroad to enhance her knowledge and skills in designing clothes. She loved fashion. There was no doubt about it. She even dressed nicely.

I wondered what she was doing right now. I would know the answer to that if I would I just come out of this office and walked to hers. But I didn't want to look desperate. I didn't want to make it obvious to her.

Sheena.

Her beautiful name fitted her beautiful face. She might not be as the same race as me but I could still like her. I could see through her eyes that she was a good person.

What about you?

Am I?

Of course. My parents taught me better than that.

I was not a playboy. Axel and I weren't. I had relationships with women before but they weren't that serious and I didn't treat them like sh*t.

I wasn't like Axel who fell madly in love with Michelle. He almost popped the question out when we found out that she was a liar and a gold digger b*tch. Axel needed me the most on that time. I even cursed that woman out for hurting my best friend.

I might not be involved in a serious relationship before but I knew how it felt to be fooled by someone you insanely loved. It wasn't like I felt it. I just knew it.

When I saw Sheena the first time, I felt a pull between us. I wanted to be with her. I wanted to comfort her, ease her pain and make her happy.

I want to be her friend.

I didn't notice the time until I took a glance at my watch. It was already five pm.

After organizing my things back to their places, I exited my office only for me to halt my steps. I saw Sheena walking down the hall across my office with head down and almost lazily.

"Sheena."

At the sound of my voice, she looked up and almost stumbled when she realized it was me.

"Aiden."

- End of the Chapter -

*Support me by voting, leaving a comment and sharing this story to your friends. Thank you.*