chapter 19

James P.O.V

"Where the hell is she" I yelled at my bedroom wall. Violet had been gone for over a day now and no one knew were she had dissapeared to, i heard something about a massacre but i didn't bother with it because i knew that she wouldn't still be there.

"James, were leaving for the town now. You know you have to come and who knows she might be there" Mayra stood at my door, her bags in hand and her dress in the garmet bag slung over her shoulder. Jake came and stood behind her, he also had his bags and tux with him too.

The ball was never held in any one house, it was always held in a small town in one of the biggest ball rooms that existed. The humans had no idea how long vampires had been using the room for their parties, it was funny that all the time the hall was in a small town populated by humans and none of them had ever questioned what was going on.

"come on, i'll help you with your bags once i've put mine downstairs in the car" Mayra was always pushing me like this, even when we were little she had pushed me to be on time even if i didn't want to go. Then again, she was the perfect child. I may be the oldest but im definetly the screw up.

"Come on man, you know what its like when your late for these things" Jake walked past and down the stairs. God, why couldn't she have just come back. Then again i knew that she'd do this eventually, it was only a matter of time

Mayra came back into my room and grabbed my bags, throwing them onto her shoulders and huffing back out the door. I still stood infront of my wall, staring at it like i could bring her back by just thinking. I was so concentrated on the wall i didnt even hear Jake sneeking up behind me, then of course he'd take advantage of my distracted state and wacked me over the head.

"shit, hey what the hell was that for?!?" i yelled at him turning around. He looked compleatly seriouse and that scared me a little, Jake was never seriouse. He was one of those laid back, fun loving guys who always joked no matter what.

"You need to focus, Mayra saw her in a vision and shes already at the town." I went to move around him when he caught my forearm and pulled me back.

"She also saw a darkness, you need to watch out. Violets identity wont be a secret for much longer and when it comes out you need to be there to protect her. Tomorrow is her 20th and everything will return to her memories."

"We'll both be there, so will Mayra. She'll be safe." I told him. Jakes shook his head and laughed.

"Someone will die. By the time the clock strikes twelve and marks Violet coming back to our world one of us will be dead. Another vision from Mayra" I didn't know what to say, one of us will be dead by midnight tonight. Jake looked almst certain that it would be him, but i wasn't going to let them die. If anyone had to die it was going to be me. Jake turned and walked out the door

"Oh and by the way, Mayra already packed Vi's stuff so hurry up or shes gonna kill you" He said before speeding downstairs. I picked up my small carry on duffle bag and took off down to the front doors, locking them and jumping into the back of a limo next to Mayra. A nervouse feeling settled over the limo as we sped off to the small town.

Voilets P.O.V

Blane was still asleep at the back of the cemetery. I had left a note saying i was going home and not to worry for him, it wasnt all a lie. I was going home, just not yet. I sped back into the middle of the town on my motorbike and parked.

It was early morning and there was almost no one around, i walked slowly into the center of the town. It had been decorated by rose bushes that were thick with the fragrant flowers. I sat on a concreate bench that stood in the middle of the roses, it faced thehall that i had admired when i first came in. Big and gothic but beautiful at the same time.  I put my elbows on my still damp jeans and put my chin in my hands, what am i going to do? James is probably furiouse and i don't know how to get out of here, i felt like a trapped mouse in a room of cats. I began to cry softly, trying to calm down. I was shaking because of my damp clothes, my duster did nothing to keep me warm. It only made me colder but i couldn't move, i was frozen to my spot.